Solved Gotham Stuttering, no stutter on Frodo
Hi,

I experienced stuttering with every MKV files using any versions of Gotham while Frodo 12.3 is totally stutter free.

HTPC: Asus h87m-e I3 4330 Haswell, Intel HD Graphics 4600

All hooked to Yamaha receiver, then to plasma Panasonic. Issue with Realtek audio active/inactive. Issue with Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I did try every possible settings, with/without DXVA2, with/without DTS passthrough. I also experience the issue using a single monitor. See unresolved tread :http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194968

Here is the log and I really hope someone can help me because I really want Gotham especially for Airplay. You will see Discontinuity errors at 14:02, 14:06 and 14:07.

http://pastebin.com/FUxv4XRs

Many thanks for the help.
Bob
I am wondering if I have the same issue. Is it the audio cutting out from time to time or is your issue a video stutter?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Hi, I don't know the difference technically but yes the audio sound is cutting during the stuttering.

No settings cant fix this issue while Frodo 12.3 is totally perfect.

Thanks, hope somebody can see the issue in the log.
Bob
Hi again,
Any advice from a DEV?

Thanks,
Bob
From the logfile it seems that your audio device constantly changes, e.g. The Engine gets a signal from the OS, that
Quote:14:07:32 T:1448 DEBUG: CMMNotificationClient::OnPropertyValueChanged: Changed device property of { is {b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc}#11
14:07:32 T:1448 DEBUG: CMMNotificationClient::OnPropertyValueChanged: Changed device property of { is {b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc}#12
14:07:32 T:1448 DEBUG: CMMNotificationClient::OnPropertyValueChanged: Changed device property of { is {b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc}#5
14:07:32 T:1448 DEBUG: CMMNotificationClient::OnPropertyValueChanged: Changed device property of { is {24dbb0fc-9311-4b3d-9cf0-18ff155639d4}#3

happens and constantly searches for new audio devices. Does that also happen when you use the WASAPI device instead of the Directsound?

Something makes us think, that the "default audio device" changes right after we open it, triggered here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ent.h#L115
Frodo had no default device support.

Edit: Please change the Topic and ADD: WINDOWS-IMMNotificationClient:$old topic
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
tagged Windows on fritsch' request
If it thinks the Default device is constantly changing, then maybe explicitly setting to the specific device you're using will help, so either HDMI DIRECTSOUND: PanasonicTV0 or HDMI WASAPI: PanasonicTV0 may solve it.
Worth a try.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Events of type OnPropertyValueChanged are only logged. I never found out what they mean for the whole setup or what's the cause of it but since on most setups the event is very seldom leads me to think thats not normal Smile
Rescans of the interfaces only happen for OnDefaultDeviceChanged (here only once for eCommunications, OnDeviceAdded, OnDeviceRemoved and OnDeviceStateChanged.
From the log it looks like that a few time a new device was added and removed (OnDeviceStateChanged) and the default device changes (OnDefaultDeviceChanged).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Dev team. My issue seems to be finally resolved.

I always used WASAPI default or DIRECTSOUND; not understanding the differences between the options and thought my issue was related to Windows, drivers, OS, XBMC Video and/or acceleration settings. I did not know it could be related to audio device since most of the troubleshooting was done without the AV receiver, using a single monitor with no speakers.

I changed the audio device to HDMI WASAPI: PanasonicTV0 and after one hour of watching a movie, not a single OnPropertyValueChanged or Discontinuity entry in the very small log: 25KB. I never had such a small log before.

Thanks to all for your help. This is really appreciated. Now is time to finally configure XBMC to my likings.

Thanks for the wonderful product.
Bob
Good for you Bob! :-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Stuttering, no stutter on Frodo0