Linux Remote stops working / xbmc crashes
I've just done a fresh install of XBMCbuntu 13.0 via a LiLi-created USB stick (per the XBMC Wiki instructions), and I'm getting fatal depmod errors regarding this amdfixes5 thing as well while trying to do an apt-get dist-upgrade. Seems that it is installed by default via the XBMCbuntu 13.0 ISO?

Should I install the generic kernel packages and uninstall any others that I find?

Update: It's complaining about missing 3.14.2-amdfixes5+ stuff, but uname says I'm running 3.13.0-30-generic, just like ramymamlouk.

Update 2: Filed a bug tracker ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15337
i've the same problem with my mce remote. at the moment i install a kernel update. there is one thing i don't understand: it seems the problem is fixed in nightly builds. but how can xbmc nightly fix a kernel problem. if i understand right, only updating the kernel can fix the problem, not updating xbmc.
I have the same problem on Gotham live 13.1, my remote stops working after a while.
So I'm going to try OpenElec now

edit
Wow that was fast. It was installed before I could blink
It will be a while before I know for sure if the remote problem is fixed but atm all looks good

edit2
My remote fully works on openelec 4.0.7 64
But after a while it stops responding so I have the same problem on openelec Sad
I didn't have this problem on the old XBMC live
The problem seems with the Pinnacle receiver
So I made a switch and both are working fine now

The Pinnacle receiver is flawless on the Asrock Ion
And the home made PC works fine with the HP receiver
Also have the same problem. Remote suddenly stop working with keyboard together. But... mouse functionality of remote still continue to work (I have remote with mouse buttons).
I think I have answered that question now three times.

The original issue - not the one, that people solved by upgrading kernel or whatever - is caused by SDL sending an event we don't like to get and remote suddenly dies. Nightlies don't use SDL for those remotes. So two options to fix that original problem:

a) OpenELEC - it has that old code whiped since 2 years
b) xbmc team ppa nigthlies

A fix to gotham would be arround 2000 loc - which won't happen.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-24, 12:39)fritsch Wrote: a) OpenELEC - it has that old code whiped since 2 years
May be not always help:
(2014-08-11, 11:29)R0ADKIL Wrote: edit2
My remote fully works on openelec 4.0.7 64
But after a while it stops responding so I have the same problem on openelec Sad
I didn't have this problem on the old XBMC live

(2014-08-24, 12:39)fritsch Wrote: b) xbmc team ppa nigthlies
Ok will wait Kodi.
Try alfa 14.0 from nigthlies today, freezes absent while(very short testing period about 2 hours), but have not reaction for multimedia buttons like Play, Pause or Stop (as for remote so for keyboard). Usual binded keypresses like ctrl+p or shift+ctrl+p are working.
I'm having the same issue as aforementioned.
Remote stops working after little time, and I get crashlog...
Quite annoying bug.
This is with XBMC installed on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Previously I had it running on Ubuntu 12.04, and there it all worked fine.
As said my HP works fine and my Pinnacle fails
Maybe people can include the model of receiver here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote stops working / xbmc crashes0