Building under OSX 10.9.3 and Xcode 5.1.1
This is first post as I'm new to xbmc.
I'm running on Mac Mini with OSX 10.9.3 (Mavericks).
Being a mac programmer using OSX or iOS I wanted to build it for OSX.
I followed the README.osx document completing steps 2, (skip step 3 as I already have Xcode 5.1.1 installed), 3.1.2 (with no errors - took about 50 minutes), and 4.a (no errors).
Then moved on to Xcode and set up the environment variable and selected the XBMC target.
I'm using the default OSX SDK so didn't need to make any changes there.
Selecting Product/Clean is successful.
Selecting Product/Build results in a failure with the last of the log showing:
Warning: No doxygen installed. The Api will not have any docstrings.
mkdir -p xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/doxygenxml
Swig not found, it will be used if found after configure.
This is not necessarily an error.
make: *** [swig-not-found] Error 1
Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 2

I'm probably just on versions of OSX and Xcode the are just too new and untested?
With this version of Xcode there is no longer the gcc option for compiler and its mapped to clang.
However I'll be happy to make any changes (other than going back to older versions) if folks could use some assistance in trouble shooting this issue.
Did you build tools/depends/target/xbmc - that normally boostraps+configures (former of which does the swig stuff).

Then make xcode_depends.

Then you're ready for xcode. Not sure it will work still, but unless you have xcode_depends built it won't.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I completed all the steps described in 3.1.2 without any errors. This should do the bootstrap and config - right?
Then I completed 4.a which does the Xcode_depends.
So following the instructions, I believe I covered the items you mention.
My guess is that there is something missing from the instructions with regard to latest OSX and Xcode?
Have you made sure you're building the 64bit build (same build you configured) in xcode?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Check if you have /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/swig - if not the build of depends was not completed successfully ... Also as mentioned in our readme you are using a osx, xcode, sdk constellation which was not tested by us yet.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
To jmarshall: Yes, I'm building for 64bit.
To Memphiz: Yes, bin/swig is there.

All: Lets let this go.
My interest was as a programmer who enjoys looking at coded solutions. I don't have an interest in debugging this just to get it to build.
I'll check the XBMC web site every few months to see if working versions to build for OSX have been updated.

Thanks for the suggestions!
XBMC is a nice piece of work.
It may be that the paths in xcode haven't been setup properly. We set a bunch of defines in the included config files (tools/darwin/Configurations) that should be setup during configure, which xcode can then use.

I'm sure that some devs will move to xcode 5.1 at some point. In the meantime, you might give the make build a try just to see if that functions if you like.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building under OSX 10.9.3 and Xcode 5.1.10