Video worked w/Frodo, gotham choppy, Frodo choppy too, what gives? Frod workd B4
This is a common problem with Gotham.

I have an Mbox M8. Gotham from this site has no video. But a patched Gotham version from the M8 supplier does work fine.

I have another Box. Kaiser Baas. I decided to remove the Vid-On XBMC that was pre-loaded. I installed Gotham. Guess what.... No Video again on this box. Only Audio. I had to reinstall the Original firmware to get Vid-On XBMC working again.

Gotham seems very picky as to what it works on. I have loaded it on my Hauwai Phone and it works fine. Also works fine on my Acer Tablet. But seems to have problems on some of the chinese TV Boxes. Always the same issue. Sound but no Video.

Charles
(2014-06-20, 04:37)Mosc_007 Wrote: This is a common problem with Gotham.

I have an Mbox M8. Gotham from this site has no video. But a patched Gotham version from the M8 supplier does work fine.

I have another Box. Kaiser Baas. I decided to remove the Vid-On XBMC that was pre-loaded. I installed Gotham. Guess what.... No Video again on this box. Only Audio. I had to reinstall the Original firmware to get Vid-On XBMC working again.

Gotham seems very picky as to what it works on. I have loaded it on my Hauwai Phone and it works fine. Also works fine on my Acer Tablet. But seems to have problems on some of the chinese TV Boxes. Always the same issue. Sound but no Video.

Charles

Again, this is not the same problem. See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1733155

I have no doubt that you are experiencing problems, and I would like to help you find solutions to those problems, but this thread is talking about a specific issue with a specific chipset (AMLogic). Please make a new thread. No video or choppy video can be any number of issues.

EDIT: Sorry, I take half of that back. Your Mbox M8 is AMLogic based, but the Kaiser Baas one looks to be Allwinner.
Yep, The Kaiser Baas is Allwiner. I think it is A10 or A20. Can't recall what it was when I had the lid off and checked.

Sorry if my comments are upsetting, but I have read so many reports of No Video and only Audio with Gotham. Usually if you go back to Frodo or Patched Gotham then it works.

I have worked out what the problem is with the Mbox M8 Amlogic. Thanks to another thread on here about the same problem.

The Official Gotham is not setting the Attributes on the /dev/a* files. I loaded Official Gotham, No Video. I then went in and Fixed the Attributes on the /dev/a* files. Now Official Gotham has Video.

Charles
(2014-06-18, 03:42)Ned Scott Wrote: It's probably inside the port marked A/V. The end of the port is hallow and has a buttons at the end, just use a paper clip on it.

I hadn't had the chance to get to this until today, several months later.

I used the firmware posted above.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5e74rq6i8469w...I3EWapwIOa

I did it using a USB instead of a SD card. It worked, however, when I restarted the box, all I get is a blank screen. I see the light working so I assume the box still works. I tried doing the reboot again but it doesn't work. I bricked my box.

What can I do?
BUMP:

Ned Scott Wrote: It's probably inside the port marked A/V. The end of the port is hallow and has a buttons at the end, just use a paper clip on it.

I hadn't had the chance to get to this until today, several months later.

I used the firmware posted above.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5e74rq6i8469w...I3EWapwIOa

I did it using a USB instead of a SD card. It worked, however, when I restarted the box, all I get is a blank screen. I see the light working so I assume the box still works. I tried doing the reboot again but it doesn't work. I bricked my box.

What can I do?
Maybe it's not the right firmware? I don't know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video worked w/Frodo, gotham choppy, Frodo choppy too, what gives? Frod workd B41