Req Support for external filters
Ok, I know that there are add-ons like DSPlayer that can achieve this (anyway this add-on is no more officially supported...). I was just wondering to have the possbility to choose external filters (LAV, ac3filter, etc.) embedded in XBMC by default, avoiding to install other things in addition to a clean XBMC installation.

Do you think this would be possible? Please, answer yes...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Possible is everything if a dev is providing the according patches in a way our team devs will accept them. I can't recall why DSPlayer never made it into XBMC though, but there where some objections/concerns IIRC. Nowadays this could probably be done in same way as amcoded and omxcodec got implemented, so without a separate player - but I'm just guessing here.
(2014-06-12, 13:51)da-anda Wrote: Possible is everything if a dev is providing the according patches in a way our team devs will accept them. I can't recall why DSPlayer never made it into XBMC though, but there where some objections/concerns IIRC. Nowadays this could probably be done in same way as amcoded and omxcodec got implemented, so without a separate player - but I'm just guessing here.

Thanks for your answer! It is a pity that there is such kind of misalignment in the development of XBMC. I think that this makes the things really complicated for the final user that needs to follow several threads and patch (i.e. upgrade) it according to its need quite often. This is of course my personal view...I can not regret about the great work you are doing to make XBMC better and better day by day! Wink

Can you please tell me what amcoded and omxcodec are? Huh
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Dragons. They're dragons.
(2014-06-20, 10:55)Ned Scott Wrote: Dragons. They're dragons.

Wow! Rolleyes

Coming back to the main topic, just another example to which I'm faced right now. As you can see from my other feature request, I would be interested in selecting the Audio Device according to the fact I'm watching a movie (HDMI) or listening music (Optical).

Summarizing, for supporting external filters we have DSPlayer and for the audio device selection there is the DualAudio patch. Both patches provide a modified XBMC.exe...therefore I can use just one of the two! Sad

Does someone have an idea how to solve this?
Learn to compile your own builds to merge the two
(2014-06-20, 20:31)jjd-uk Wrote: Learn to compile your own builds to merge the two

This sounds good...would you be so kind to give me a starting point? Nod
- Find the code for both, which will deviate from the XBMC original code (which is at http://github.com/xbmc/xbmc)
- Create a version that has the changes from both forks included using tools like git and google.
- Try to compile it
- Fix bugs
- Compile it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for external filters1