Yatse/Unified Remote/Tasker - Questions on all and any good way to combine them?
So I use my android phone to control my PC and have had some really good success with both the Yatse app and Unified Remote. I am able to turn on my PC via Wake On LAN with either. Yatse does an amazing job with moving around within XBMC and Unified Remote comes in handy for any time I get sent outside of XBMC (to the metro Netflix app, for instance).

However, I'm trying to get this method as "girlfriend proof" as possible. As I have it now, there is a good amount of manual switching around between the two apps. I was hoping with some smarts/scripting/possibly using Tasker? there might be a way to make this a little more fluid.

I've been playing around with Unified remote and the custom widgets that you can make. Right now I have one for "power on," "mouse/keyboard control," and "power off." In between all of those widgets, I also have the Yatse app, which I can successfully use to turn on XBMC, move around it, and turn off XBMC.

So the questions:
- I've tried using XBMC starter from the Yatse site, but I can't seem to get it to work. Long pressing the media center name in Yatse will turn the computer on, but it won't load up XBMC automatically. I've set the delay as long as 15 seconds - is it possible that's not enough? This is a new computer with an SSD for the boot drive. Could Unified Remote also running be disrupting this?

- Is there any way to link up the "power on" with the Yatse app? I'm hoping to find some sort of fluid chain of events through one button click that would: Power on the computer > Open up XBMC > Switch into the Yatse app. Or if the computer was already on, just: Open up XBMC > Switch into the Yatse app. Or if XBMC is already up, it would: Open up the Yatse app. Bonus points if it can be tied to a Unified Remote widget so it aesthetically matches the rest of the wigdets.

- This might be a stretch, but what if when focus is lost from XBMC (like switching over to the Netflix metro app), the phone would know to switch into the "mouse/keyboard" widget from Unified Remote. Is this one too much of a stretch?

If anyone out there has gotten some sort of integration between Yatse/Unified Remote (with our without Tasker), I'd love to here your methods even if it doesn't exactly match my goals above! Any help is appreciated!
I think some of your computer state conditions could be a stretch(require sync of computer state to phone). I think you could add a 'launch xbmc' to whatever string of commands you come up with even if it's running(I use this to regain focus).
Unfortunately I have not created any tasker scripts for this, but would also like to see what people have come up with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse/Unified Remote/Tasker - Questions on all and any good way to combine them?0