Advanced Launcher not working for my Windows games
Hi,

I have been trying to set up advanced launcher to work with my Windows games. I have used the Dharma guide to do so. I have set up a new launcher using the File Launcher option, I can successfully scan and scrape my games folders - that part is working beautifully.

On the Dharma guide, the footnote for Windows games states:
↑ If you want to add Windows-Games just choose any application, it does not matter what you select, the launcher will always launch the shortcut which is placed in the directory.

So I have pointed the executable file at some random .exe in my program files but when I try to launch any game, it is just loading the application that I set as the executable file.
I am guessing you might need my launchers.xml details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<advanced_launcher version="1.0">

-<categories>

-<category>

<id>default</id>

<name>Default</name>

<thumb/>

<fanart/>

<genre/>

<description/>

<finished>false</finished>

</category>

-<category>

<id>a0167f975600192ad14cdc6d2ffd9df0</id>

<name>Games</name>

<thumb/>

<fanart/>

<genre/>

<description/>

</category>

</categories>

-<launchers>

-<launcher>

<id>377d50188235618555f193792a7712e1</id>

<name>PC</name>

<category>a0167f975600192ad14cdc6d2ffd9df0</category>

<application>D:\Program Files (x86)\Collectorz.com\Movie Collector\MovieCollector.exe</application>

<args>%rom%</args>

<rompath>D:\Games\Shortcuts\</rompath>

<thumbpath>D:\Games\thumbnails\</thumbpath>

<fanartpath>D:\Games\fanart\</fanartpath>

<trailerpath/>

<custompath/>

<romext>lnk|url</romext>

<platform>IBM PC Compatible</platform>

<thumb/>

<fanart/>

<genre/>

<release/>

<publisher/>

<launcherplot/>

<minimize>false</minimize>

<lnk>true</lnk>

-<roms>

-<rom>

<id>462e98422b746f9e20a6c471d3c387b9</id>

<name>Assassin's Creed</name>

<filename>D:\Games\Shortcuts\Assassin's Creed.url</filename>

<thumb>D:\Games\thumbnails\Assassin's Creed.JPG</thumb>

<fanart>D:\Games\fanart\Assassin's Creed.JPG</fanart>

<trailer/>

<custom/>

<genre>Action / Adventure / Sandbox</genre>

<release>2007</release>

<publisher>Ubisoft Montreal</publisher>

<gameplot>The game centers on the use of a machine named the "Animus", which allows the viewing of the protagonist's genetic memories of his ancestors.Through this plot device, details emerge of a struggle between two factions, the Knights Templar and the Assassins (Hashshashin), over an artifact known as a "Piece of Eden" and the game primarily takes place during the Third Crusade in the Holy Land in 1191.</gameplot>

<altapp/>

<altarg/>

</rom>

-<rom>

<id>ebae296f679de9a13b1b05971bf2d518</id>

<name>Batman: Arkham Origins</name>

<filename>D:\Games\Shortcuts\Batman Arkham Origins.url</filename>

<thumb>D:\Games\thumbnails\Batman Arkham Origins.JPG</thumb>

<fanart>D:\Games\fanart\Batman Arkham Origins.JPG</fanart>

<trailer/>

<custom/>

<genre>Action</genre>

<release>2013</release>

<publisher>WB Games Montreal</publisher>

<gameplot>Developed by WB Games Montreal, Batman: Arkham Origins features an expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, the first two critically acclaimed games of the franchise. Taking place before the rise of Gotham City's most dangerous criminals, the game showcases a young and unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career as a crime fighter that sets his path to becoming the Dark Knight. As the story unfolds, players will meet many important characters for the first time and forge key relationships.</gameplot>

<altapp/>

<altarg/>

</rom>

I have the Games folder, then the PC folder

Please help

Thanks.
Use windows shortcut files (.lnk) and not Internet shortcut files (.url).
Hi Angelscry

I have both types of shortcuts in the folder, I have tried it just using .lnk but they still wont launch, it still launches movie collector instead
I have just read on the Advanced Launcher manual page:

Files launcher: This launcher will be used to start applications that use external files to work. It will be typically emulators, media players, books readers, etc... Those applications must have a command line support.

Is this where I am going wrong? I have set my .exe path to look at movie collector, I wouldn't know if this has command line support or not...

I would really like to get this working as it scrapes all the info and images perfectly (I just cant launch them). If I cant get it working, then I will have to add my non steam games to steam, and use the steam launcher addon (would prefer not to use this method, as I prefer the Advanced Launcher option)

Thanks.
(2014-06-16, 12:18)andyhickin Wrote: Is this where I am going wrong? I have set my .exe path to look at movie collector, I wouldn't know if this has command line support or not...
By default, if the .lnk support option is activated into your files launcher settings, .lnk files are automatically started by explorer.exe. If the .lnk support option is not activated, .lnk files are stated by the application indicated into your launcher configuration (MovieCollector.exe). So here you have 2 options :
  • Activate the .lnk support into your launcher option.
  • Or set explorer.exe as the applcation of your launcher
Thanks Angelscry, I will try that later and report back.

Thanks!
I changed the launcher application to explorer.exe and it works perfectly, you're a genius!

Thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Launcher not working for my Windows games0