duplicate addon
Hi,

I'm new here but I'm developing an addon which is almost finsihed and ready to be pushed to the repo (I hope this works).

But to my question...I have a naming problem with my second addon. The naming convention is '<addon-type>[.<media-type>].<your-plugin-name>'. In my case 'plugin.video.EXACT_NAME_OF_THE_BROADCAST_CHANNEL' but there is already an addon with the same name. I tried to fix the existing addon but it was easier for me to use the API of the portal instead of parsing a html file. It's faster and more stable in cases of changes of the html.

How would this work for the repo? Must the name of the addon be changed (e.g. 'plugin.video.bromix-NAME') or will there some kind of a vote...maybe this is a dumb question but I do not want cause any trouble based on existing addons and the people who love them.
Did you try to contact the original author of the other addon?
Trying to come to consensus on what to do is best done with him.
If he does not respond with a reasonable time (as he can be unavailable for some time) we do allow to replace current add-on.

From user point of view it's best that the addon ID remains the same as they will get an auto update of the addon.
As for repo we try to keep duplicates to a bare minimum to prevent user confusion as to which addon they use or who to contact in case of issues.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
duplicate addon0