Newbie forum ?
hi
I am completely new to XBMC. I have installed XBMC 13.1 on my RSPi and on my laptop both are wifi linked to my router which is upstairs in another room. Now as a newbie I am struggling to get XBMC working to any satisfaction, it is so slow to get anywhere.
my connect speed is about 5000 kbps. As my Q title ask's how about a newbie forum for us starters.
regards
I'm not sure how that would help you. If anything, it'll mean more experienced folk ignore that forum.

I suggest you ask the questions you want to ask in the support forums.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The forums are for both newbies and experts to ask questions. If anything. I see more newbie questions than I do expert ones.
Your connect speed is 5000kbps (impressively crap) there you go problem identified Big Grin, your wifi connection is poor and definitely not good for anything, never you mind xbmc or any streaming, with xbmc or without.

Most likely culprit is your bad wifi link both on router side and very very likely your $5 wifi adapter on rpi side. In short noob all the Q's you like anywhere on the intrewebs but your problem is not xbmc related.
I don't see the need for this rudeness against a new user, he is just asking a question.
The truth hurts sometimes.
(2014-06-16, 10:08)Kib Wrote: I don't see the need for this rudeness against a new user, he is just asking a question.
+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe we could improve and draw attention to the post icons. As well as having things for hardware, software, tinfoil hats or whatever, we could have a few "please be gentle"/"new guy alert" icons to remind people that we all knew nothing once.
tbh I dont see any rudeness intentional or otherwise anywhere, perhaps a straight up answer is considered rude these days if that's it Im totally speechless, its the second time I hear such comments and no real rudeness anywhere. tbh all I see is a lot a drum banging and +1 on public hangings, as if some of the +1 forget how totally rude beyond any excuse at one stage or another.

Glass roofs and all that jazz. ok now this will probably be rude too.
I went to the Bridgewater Hall on Monday,I saw the Eels.
The Bridgewater Hall has a bloody massive pipe organ which E played.He hit a note and drone carried on and on and on and on and............on.
and on...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie forum ?0