Deleted recordings
I'm not sure who did this, but today I found about 25 TV recordings I was saving have been deleted. I have Media Center set to keep files until I delete them, so I'm not sure why they got deleted. Does ServerWMC delete folders or is this done by XBMC? If ServerWMC does the deleting please consider a feature request to respect the setting in WMC and not delete recordings.

Thanks a lot

Matt
Serverwmc/xbmc cannot delete a folder. Serverwmc can only delete a file if xbmc tells it to and xbmc only does this if you choose 'delete' from its interface. Only wmc has the ability to delete files without user intervention (assuming you aren't running any other software that controls wtv files).

Did you actually look at the physical files on disk to see if they really are deleted?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yes, I did look at the folder and they are in fact gone. My backup solution has been using robocopy to mirror the folder. I think I'll have to revamp my backups now. Thanks for your reply. I'll have to dig deeper into this.

Matt
Check if your ServerWMC log (or the backed up "last log") cover the date/time when you think the recordings were deleted. If they cover the time period upload them to pastebin and post the links here. Im happy to have a quick look through it to see if anything stands out. As krusty said ServerWMC doesnt do any pruning of recordings only WMC does that. Were the recordings in question scheduled through ServerWMC or WMC natively? Were they series recordings or just 1 offs? Can you check the "keep" settings on any scheduled recordings in WMC to see what they say?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Hello,

can anyone say: How can I delete a record-file (in WMC-Addon) within a mce-remotecontrol?
(2014-07-21, 14:56)Heiko123 Wrote: Hello,

can anyone say: How can I delete a record-file (in WMC-Addon) within a mce-remotecontrol?

If you press the "Info" button when the recording is selected that should bring up the context menu with the delete option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted recordings1