Win XBMC experience
Thumbs Up 
Folks,
I am brand new to this forum but as I was sitting in front of my TV seamlessly wandering from YouTube to live TV , to my music, then checking the weather before I begin my daily Saturday routine outside, all through my HTPC, I realized how extremely convenient using XBMC has been for me. Almost taken for granted really.

So I decided to join the forum and let the developers know that I have been using your software ever since Frodo was born. Other than the initial setup with my stereo equipment it has worked flawlessly. I have recently upgraded to Gotham, and I must say that it was very easy. Actually, my experience with XBMC has been so positive I am planning my networking in the new home we will be building around it. Please keep up the excellent work. It's the end product and it's ease of use that makes donating a no brainier.

Thanks,
Spmbug
Thanks for your nice words!
I think I speak for the team when I say this is what XBMC is all about.
Always nice to hear good stories.

Personally since I bought an Intel NUC box, and harmony smart control remote, and DVB-S2 usb stick, my XBMC setup has been amazing.

I get all live TV, turns off and on just like a set top box, and plays every movie I have stored. Its easy to forget how far XBMC has come in recent years...
I have had a great run out of XBMC. I use mythtv as my PVR backend, and used to run mythfrontend for PVR and ripped movies/tv.

A few years ago I gave XBMC a try because it reputedly had better metadata handling, and the reputation was right, so moved to that for ripped stuff, having to switch back to myth for PVR.

Now that PVR works so well in XBMC I hardly ever use mythfrontend, although the backend is still recording using myth. I love the addon feature, it is probably the very best feature as it makes XBMC so flexible, and python is a very accessible language for addon writers to use.

Well done guys. I can't even remember what version of XBMC I first ran (2009 I think) - but Gotham and Frodo have been fantastic.

When the f***ing insurance company have finished fixing our house (earthquake in 2011 damn it) I look forward to posting in showcase :-)

Kudos to the openelec people too for making it all so easy.

Crikey looking at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbmc#Releases it must have been Camelot I first used.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC experience0