No internet connection after upgrading to Gothem 13.1
So I upgraded to 13.1 the other day and I've lost all connect to the internet.

If I open chrome I have a connects but XBMC does download artwork, update with the scrolling messages and ad-ons such as weather and spotify don't connect.

I had the same problem 6 months ago and I can't remember how I fixed it.

I was thinking it was some kind of firewall issue but I haven't found anything in Comodo that would block it.

I've also been looking at the Windows 7 security features but haven't had any luck there either.

I've seen a few threads, so of them quite old, saying that others have experienced this as well but I haven't read that anyone has actually solved it.

Any thoughts of things I could try are greatly appreciated. I've spent several hours on this already!

Thanks,

Brian
Xbmc does not affect your OS's networking functions.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The OS is fine. Every app can an internet connect. It's just XBMC that wont connect. I think either Windows 7 or Comodo must be blocking the connection. Though it might be an XBMC setting. Though I wouldn't have thought this would change with a version upgrade...

For anyone who comes across this thread I managed to fix it. I was playing around with Comodo security setting and somehow managed to fix it. I guess Comodo didn't recognise the program when it was upgraded. Hope this helps someone.
Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I had the previous version working on windows 8.1. Now, all internet related actions are not working. By that I mean, search subtitles, get addons, refresh library contents (covers, titles...). An error messages pops up.

I already tried this -> http://stupidstuffihadtofix.blogspot.pt/...thing.html , but is still deosn't work

On the xbmc settings, there's this message that the internet connection isn't present.

I'm not being blocked by any firewall (I'm sure) and I'mnot behind a proxy.

Thanks.
Well... I managed to fix my issue. I installed another program that also couldn't access the internet (internet on browser was working fine). So, it crossed my mind to visit the Windows Firewall. And, yes, xbmc and the other program were on the exceptions list, so everything should run fine. But, as I was suspicious, I completelly disabled the firewall and that's it. Now it works. Note that I have Comodo's firewell running and it doesn't affect xbmc internet dependent features.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No internet connection after upgrading to Gothem 13.10