Smart playlist ... am I missing something here?
Hi,

I can't make a smart playlist to work correctly under MQ5 and need some help from you: this are the steps that I follow:

1.- I create a smart playlist calls "concerts" that includes my music videos ("path"- "contains" ... and the drive/file)
2.- I go to customize main menu settings and choose "empty".
3.- Then go to "replace this menu with .. " choose video playlist and there I choose "concerts" . as sub-menu I choose concerts. Finally change the name of the category as "concerts"

When I go to the main page, "concerts" is there but can't make it load the files, I hit clean library and update library and nothing changes .....what am I doing wrong?

Same thing happens with my CD files: hit "music" category, then go to "add music", then link my "cd music' file, and when I return to music and update the library nothing happens. I want to create a smart playlist for audio but cant find that option in my menu, I only can create video files.

Im sure Im missing something here, this is not normal, Please help. Thanks in advance
Smart playlists only work for content already scrapped into your library.

Concerts can be more difficult for the scrappers I believe, but are generally classed as movies.

As for music, you need to add that your music source to your library. (highlight it, press c, and choose the relevant option from the menu)
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thanks Samu-rai. how can I add several files in different HDDs?, going to settings - video - library - import video library or there is other place?, sorry man but Im new in this. thanks again
You'll need to add each of them as sources. Videos > Files > Add videos.

The wiki has all the info you need.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

perfect, thanks Samu-rai

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist ... am I missing something here?0