Win XBMC 13.2 beta1 crashes all the time
Wink 
1. Gotham 13.1
2. Windows 7 SP1 x64 fully updated
3. I7 3770K x64
4. 8GB DDR3 RAM
5. With this new version 13.1, video always crash after 5-10 sec of playing or streaming.
In windows task bar it says AMD Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.
and then XBMC crashes.
I have a crossfire with 2 HIS HD7970 and I have installed latest AMD driver 14.6 RC.

Log file
http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=aJNAAfgz
Do you have a ATI graphic card?
Wink 
Yes, I have two ATI HIS HD7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition 3GB GDDR5.

13.1 always crash with crossfire enabled.

Help, would be appreciated.
UndecidedUndecidedUndecidedUndecidedUndecided
This is a display driver problem. Always a windows problem in how it handles crashes from the display driver. Before Windows 7, your screen would simply freeze and then you'd either have to wait or reboot. In 7, they implemented a timer to restart the driver after a certain amount of time without a response. There's a registry hack to up that amount of time, but I'd reinstall your display drivers first.
The file that crashes is always XBMC.EXE.

I have been through whole ATI drivers setups, right now I have installed 14.6 RC.

In XBMC 12.3, with ATI crossfire always on, with 14.6 RC, the error "AMD Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" does not happen simply.
In XBMC 13.1, with ATI crossfire always on, with 14.6 RC, XBMC.EXE crashes.

Could you please tell me how can I change the widows registry key/value with some more time, to try to solve this issue.
In all 13's versions, the XBMC crashes. I do not understand why.

For me it seems more to be a XBMC problem.
You see, every time I want to open XBMC, I have to switch off firstly crossfire in video control panel. It becomes a kind of boredom.

corpgator: When you say to install drivers again, you mean install them without a clean DDU uninstall procedure previously?
XBMC 13.2 “Gotham” beta1 Windows

With Crossfire enabled, it still crashes XBMC while playing or streaming a video.
While there MAY be some issue with XBMC, it has approximately a 0.001% chance of being fixed, as that's the chance that someone with developer skills on windows will a, hit it, b, have time to debug it, and c, have the skills to fix it.

So unless you're one of those people, I'm afraid you'll simply need to use your workarounds. Note that there's generally only ever problems on Windows with ATI drivers. I'll let you decide why that may be.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Anyone ever look into a fix for xbmc crashing with windows & ATI driversHuh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.2 beta1 crashes all the time1