30 Days with XBMC + (insert name of mobile/remote streaming engine)
(2014-09-24, 19:56)jacintech.fire Wrote: @Irisak,
The number of downloads for every release over the past five year
The number of mention on a news search result
Should I continue...?

Usually proof means links to solid evidence. Not personal opinion
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Who says these are personal opinions. Ask Ned and the site admin...go ahead, I'll wait for you...
Ned Scott Wrote:

(Today 17:38)jacintech.fire Wrote: But the idea that XBMC/Kodi will continue to be a viable project as JUST a media player is laughable...

Well, I guess it's a good thing I didn't say that. But fine, I'll take the troll bait, simply because of how stupid a statement like that is.

I'll let Apple, Google, Amazon, and Roku know that things that play videos are no longer viable if they are not transcoding servers for mobile phones at the same time. My TV doesn't stream to other TVs, but that doesn't mean it stops working as a TV. XBMC is primarily an exit point for your media, because other things exist and work better to share the files themselves. Why would you think this when you yourself have massive NAS storage that shouldn't need to run XBMC just to deliver the content to whatever device you are using, be it an XBMC client or otherwise?

As for as how useful this is, it's neat and can really come in handy, but heaven forbid you stop staring at a tiny screen while you leave the house.

You have this narrow minded view of how something should work, and even when people point out that it already does that you disregard it because it isn't the exact implementation in your head.

This is a program designed for your living room. Every thread you make is about how XBMC doesn't fit your needs. Guess what, it doesn't have to. Different tools for different situations. Different users have different needs. I myself have used transcoding servers with other players while on the go, and my XBMC usage never decreased because of it. Just because someone uses a different player on their phone doesn't mean the living room HTPC suddenly stops existing. I don't even use XBMC on my desktop unless I'm testing or using add-on content, because I don't need a living room interface on my desktop when I'm 2 feet in front of it. I don't stop buying cups because I own a water bottle.

But all of that doesn't matter, because XBMC today works wonderfully with transcoding options that already exist. Even if you were correct, which is laughable, it's not an issue. Our own developers are very interested in adding a built-in transcoding server to XBMC in the future.

So what more is there to say? Why do you continue to try to argue for the supposed sake of XBMC/Kodi's future? No one is saying we shouldn't have this added, even though some might disagree about how important or useful the feature would be. For someone who demands that people be open minded, you sure are quick to reject any viewpoint that isn't your own.
(2014-09-24, 20:10)jacintech.fire Wrote: Who says these are personal opinions. Ask Ned and the site admin...go ahead, I'll wait for you...

I'm still waiting for actual proof
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
@ned Scott,
I am not sure if these stats are for public consumption...but @ned could answer that question.
As for the rest, just google/bing/yahoo/duckduckgo the terms plex media and xbmc. Click on the news link and see for yourself...
Download stats from the website don't mean much when so many people use openelec (a separate download from a separate site) or *buntu (likewise via ppa).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or the thousands of Android boxes with copied SSDs that create some serious support headaches on this forum.
Aside: After almost nine months of experimenting, I can honestly say that while having a headless, streaming server is a great idea for mobile devices (there is absolutely nothing better than to grab a mobile device and watch your favourite movie or tv show while stuck at an Airport, or a hotel room or the middle of nowhere); when it comes to large screen HD displays a streaming server (regardless of how fast your internet connection is) simply will not do. Large displays require no compromise or trade-offs, which is what a transcoding server is. For that reason alone, I will continue to use Kodi with my large displays, but will compliment it with a remote streaming server for my mobile. That said, the current trend has been to consume day to day media on my mobile devices and only use the Large Displays for special ocasions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
30 Days with XBMC + (insert name of mobile/remote streaming engine)2