Bug Sort by stopped working (Rapier's fault?)
I upgraded from XBMC 12.2 to 13.1 - and the "sort by" selection stopped working.
Before the upgrade my movies were sorted by rating, and now I cannot change it - when I try changing it nothing happens (it stays on "sort by: rating")
sorting other things such as pictures does not work either.

If I change my skin (which is normally Rapier 4.2) it works, so it might be the skin's problem (though maybe it happens with it just because that's the skin that was used during the update)
I tried deleting guisettings.xml and it didn't help. (still doesn't work after choosing Rapier again)

Any ideas?
Welcome to forums.

So, yes, the question is, does it work with default skin? If so you know where to go moan, e.g. to Rapiers thread located at http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120
Rapier does not appear to be a supported skin in gotham - at least I cannot see it in the list of available skins in a gotham install.

If you have previously loaded a skin that is not supported in gotham in frodo and then upgrade to gotham then the skin will still be there, but not everything will necessarily work.

If you go a fresh install of gotham the skin will simply be unavailable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ah, disappointing.. :/
At least it's supposed to be fixed in the future.

Though still kind of a bug - XBMC should warn when using non supported skins, and mention it in the skin selection dialog.

Thanks
It does, fyi you probably just ignored the warning.
(2014-06-19, 23:16)yonir Wrote: Though still kind of a bug - XBMC should warn when using non supported skins, and mention it in the skin selection dialog.

Thanks

It does. Unless the skins was defined correctly or your repo is stuck.
Try Add-on_manager#Force_refresh (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't think it warned me, I usually read installation dialogs.
And the Force Refresh didn't do anything as far as I could notice.
(2014-06-15, 15:58)yonir Wrote: I upgraded from XBMC 12.2 to 13.1 - and the "sort by" selection stopped working.
Before the upgrade my movies were sorted by rating, and now I cannot change it - when I try changing it nothing happens (it stays on "sort by: rating")
sorting other things such as pictures does not work either.

If I change my skin (which is normally Rapier 4.2) it works, so it might be the skin's problem (though maybe it happens with it just because that's the skin that was used during the update)
I tried deleting guisettings.xml and it didn't help. (still doesn't work after choosing Rapier again)

Any ideas?

Hi yonir.

I just want to clear some things up. Smile

Rapier 4.x is actually the version for XBMC Eden. The skin is no longer supported by the original author, which is why I took over and kept it updated.

Rapier 5.x is the Frodo version, and can be downloaded here.

I'm currently working on updating the skin for Gotham, and it should be ready in few days.

Edit: Rapier for Gotham can be downloaded here. The sort method issue is fixed in 6.0.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort by stopped working (Rapier's fault?)0