Choppy SD LiveTV while HD LiveTV is ok?
Question 
Dear all,

yesterday I upgraded from an 720p Sony to a brandnew 1080p Sony projector (VPL-HW40ES). Until yesterday with the old projector all LiveTV streams (DVB-S2 via Tvheadend) were ok. With the new projector there seems to be a paradox: While HD LiveTV (native 720p and 1080i) seems to run ok, all SD LiveTV channels run choppy. Even more, if a HD channels broadcast upscaled SD content as 720p or 1080i content the LiveTV also runs choppy. It seems to get even more choppy the lower the LiveTV picture quality (resolution, bandwidth) becomes. The chops seem to be fairly regular as if the frame rate drops below fluency. During choppy SD LiveTV the XBMC Menus (e.g. scrolling) seem to stay smooth. This really leaves me clueless as it does not make any sense to me.

Could you please point in any direction where I can to start to look into this issue? BTW: I use the latest "Generic" version of openelec (i386, v4.0.5) with vdpau HW acceleration (Nvidia) on an AMD (2 cores) based media center PC. I also posted this thread in the openelec forum.

Cheers, Axel.
Problem solved, changing the projector to 50hz did the trick.
You should probably enable the "change refresh rate" setting, you don't want it to be stuck at 50 Hz.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy SD LiveTV while HD LiveTV is ok?0