Upload of movies to Movie section in Back Row Skin
Hi,

I've been trying for days to upload some movies that I can seamlessly access from the 'Movie' section in the 'Back Row' skin. Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evLCaXVaG5o

I've managed to work out how to upload a movie to the 'Video' section. Just drop it in the video folder in the multimedia folder and it appears. But there is no movie folder in the multimedia folder - just video, music or pictures.

When I go into the 'Movie' section in the 'Back Row' skin, there is just a big arrow pointing upwards on the left hand side and 2 periods on the right. If I click on the periods, there are folders that say 'Genres', 'Title', 'Year' etc but they are all empty. There is no 'add movies' option such as appears in the 'add videos' in the 'Video' section.

How do I get my movies into this area please?

I'm running XBMC on a Qnap TS-870 NAS which is linux based, and using Windows 8.1 as my connected PC.
Your post made me laugh, clearly for the wrong reasons, though that's not important.

Alll you need to know is Updating_or_removing_videos (wiki) and Set_content_and_scan (wiki) in no particular order (but read those pages), essentially you need to update library and presuming your added content is named correctly scanned/scraped correctly will it then show up under the movie menu tvshow menu etc, otherwise you left with non library via videos which already show up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upload of movies to Movie section in Back Row Skin0