Gotham 13.1 spdif stereo only
(2014-06-16, 14:06)Claudio.Sjo Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 13:45)Drag0nFly Wrote: Since the user has passthrough enabled he must be hitting some kind of stereo downmixing. Transcoding should only happen for incompatible audio formats, i.e, Dolby TrueHD, PCM5.1 & FLAC.

If the user has chosen SPDIF as main output, on top the Syste Setting/Audio output (not visible in the picture) then xbmc will never set passthrough.
The only way is to select an analog format as main output, then select 2.0 as number of loudspeakers. This will make passthrough work properly.

...don't ask me why.

That is complete misinformation, Audio output device has nothing to do with the ability to configure passthrough.
(2014-06-16, 14:40)Drag0nFly Wrote: Yes, I think that is a very good idea @fritsch. 2ch has possibly been set at some point before the S/PDIF setting was activated, making it function as some sort of 'dummy setting' to allow proper passthrough. (My only guess since I've never noticed issues with this before.)

Indeed, this goes wrong. Will pr a fix.

EDIT:

hmm, it's already there.

m_settings.channels = (m_sink.GetDeviceType(m_settings.device) == AE_DEVTYPE_IEC958) ? AE_CH_LAYOUT_2_0 : CSettings::Get().GetInt("audiooutput.channels");
Thank you all for your replies.

Just to clarify, my main output is HDMI. I'm familiar with the SPDIF settings and the two channels being sent to the receiver as it decodes them appropriately so this is not a placebo Smile. My pass-through is set correctly as some of you already mentioned but I cannot get any audio on my Center, RR, RL speakers while playing back a movie that has 5.1 DTS or DD sound, I only get audio in my FR and FL speakers (and yes I actually placed my ear next to each of these speakers during movie playback). Like I mentioned earlier, I had full surround when I was on 12.1.

I've checked my amp and everything looks good. I even ran the white noise test to identify the speakers just to make sure there were no speaker/wiring issues.

It almost seems like the surround channels are muted or somehow missing in my audio config and I'm at a total loss. Any relevant advice would be appreciated.
Is you amp connected via Optical to your TV? If that's the case most likely your TV does not like to forward anything despite 2 channel PCM.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-06-16, 17:44)fritsch Wrote: Is you amp connected via Optical to your TV? If that's the case most likely your TV does not like to forward anything despite 2 channel PCM.

Nope, optical goes to amp only.

TV <-----HDMI---> Acer Reveo 3700 <----optical-------> Amp
Quote:Just to clarify, my main output is HDMI

what does this mean? your main audio device is hdmi and for passthrough you have selected spdif?
(2014-06-16, 22:33)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:Just to clarify, my main output is HDMI

what does this mean? your main audio device is hdmi and for passthrough you have selected spdif?

Yes, that is correct.
please post a screenshot of the upper half of your audio settings.
(2014-06-16, 22:52)FernetMenta Wrote: please post a screenshot of the upper half of your audio settings.

Here you go:

(2014-06-16, 16:16)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 14:06)Claudio.Sjo Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 13:45)Drag0nFly Wrote: Since the user has passthrough enabled he must be hitting some kind of stereo downmixing. Transcoding should only happen for incompatible audio formats, i.e, Dolby TrueHD, PCM5.1 & FLAC.

If the user has chosen SPDIF as main output, on top the Syste Setting/Audio output (not visible in the picture) then xbmc will never set passthrough.
The only way is to select an analog format as main output, then select 2.0 as number of loudspeakers. This will make passthrough work properly.

...don't ask me why.

That is complete misinformation, Audio output device has nothing to do with the ability to configure passthrough.

As I wrote, don't ask me why, but there are no chances to make it works elsewhere.
This behavior started with Frodo 12.3, it did work properly before.
When moving to Frodo 12.3 I had to configure audio output device to analog, and number of channels to 2 otherwise
xbmc always does downconverting to pcm stereo towards SPDIF.
Quote:This behavior started with Frodo 12.3, it did work properly before.
When moving to Frodo 12.3 I had to configure audio output device to analog, and number of channels to 2 otherwise
xbmc always does downconverting to pcm stereo towards SPDIF.

Frodo AudioEngine including all the settings are 100% non existent anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-06-17, 00:36)vitalizm Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 22:52)FernetMenta Wrote: please post a screenshot of the upper half of your audio settings.

Here you go:

could you please play some DTS 5.1 material.

- does your receiver detect dts or dd?
- you are saying that output is only stereo?

please post debug log of this test.
That's the same behavior I am encountering.

Since Frodo 12.3 even though passthrough is enabled and the receiver displays the correct audio format (verified it to be both AC3 and DTS) the sound is heard only from the FR and FL speakers.

I tried setting the channels to 2.0 but nothing really helped.
This looks to me as a problem we have during the encoding phase. Could I be right?
Post a Debug Log .... Why always these speculatings.
Smile 
Here it is (sorry it took some time, had to return home for that):

Debug Log

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.1 spdif stereo only0