Menu Background Extrafanart?
I'm about to upgrade my primary rig to Gotham. I am trying to do a super clean install. No extra anything that isn't needed. I have been testing everything on my test box to make sure I have it all right before I deploy to the one the wife uses.

One feature that I really enjoyed in Nox 4 was the ability to display fanart as backgrounds on the main menu. (Yes I understand 4 isn't 5 and I'm fine with that.) I found the option under Home Window/Setup/Movies/Set Item background but am clearly not using it properly because the background is just black. I first tried Random movie fanart. Black. Then I tried the parent folder of all movies. Also black. My folder structure is a single folder for each movie. Within that folder, the first fanart is labeled fanart.jpg. Any extras go in a subfolder labeled extrafanart containing files names fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc.

I know there is a plug-in that will copy all of my fanart into a central folder but that will double the storage size needed for the artwork and doesn't feel like a clean solution to me. Especially seeing how I would like to do the same thing for TV shows. If that's the only way, so be it. I just want to be sure I'm not doing something wrong first.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Does this help?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197319

It wasn't clear if you are also uograding to Nox 5
Yes, I am also upgrading to Nox 5.

Thanks for the link. I can't tell if what they are talking about is the same as what I'm asking or not. There was an animation option in Nox 4 which isn't what I'm after. I'm more trying to find out exactly how the 'Random Movie Fanart' background option works in Nox 5.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
From what I understand... It doesn't, which is why I switched back to Nox 4
That was my belief as well until I started digging. The plot thickens...

It works perfectly for TV. For movies, if you wait long enough, occasionally an image will pop up. I'd really like to know what it's looking at when you select 'Random _____ Fanart'.

EDIT: After removing and rescanning the movie library for a completely different purpose, it now works...
(2014-06-17, 23:07)TechLife Wrote: That was my belief as well until I started digging. The plot thickens...

It works perfectly for TV. For movies, if you wait long enough, occasionally an image will pop up. I'd really like to know what it's looking at when you select 'Random _____ Fanart'.

Random movie fanart works for me. Playlist specific fanart is currently limited to an alphabetical playlist that is less than appealing (coming in the next update). If you are talking about the menu fallbacks, then I believe you must supply your own images. If you are talking about the home menu customizer, choosing random fanart for a movie-related home menu item should do what it says. It will pick random images from your entire collection.
Thanks for the reply. I like mentioned above in a edit, after removing and rescanning the library, it now works. Not sure what happened so that it didn't but it does now and that's all I care about. The menu customizer random fanart is exactly what I was referring to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Background Extrafanart?0