NUC DN2820 Remote options and question
Hi all
My first nuc DN2820 should be with me by the end of the week, I've done a search but cannot find the definitive answer . What is the best remote to use? The nuc will mostly be used for xbmc , is the ps3 Bluetooth a good one and does it control the box fully? Off /on etc

Also is it best to leave the box on 24/7 like the raspberry pi or is it ok to switch off.

Thanks for any help as I'm very inexperienced with computers
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194057

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Crap I've gone and got a Bluetooth ps3 remote , will that not work as well as a ir remote ?
it'll work quite well, I'm using it myself. What doesn't work (i.e. haven't tried it) is to switch the machine on from off. But I don't ever switch it off.
Never thought of that issue . Is there a standby option where the remote can wake the nuc or do I have to send the Mrs to press the on button ?
Like most wireless radios in computers, I assume that the Bluetooth radio is off when the computer is in standby or is shut down. If it is, then you won't be able to turn the NUC on using a Bluetooth remote. The only viable options would be IR, WOL, or possibly a standard USB keyboard/mouse.
You would need an IR remote or use WOL to do that. The rosewill remotes are cheap and work very good with XBMC.
For infrared, MCE RC6 remotes are by far the best in my opinion.
Might sound daft but what's wol? Is that something that can be done from iphone /ipad? Don't fancy having another remote . Hopefully nuc should arrive tomorrow.
Thanks
WOL wake on lan
Works fine in OE from an android device.
MCE are the best remotes for the nucs.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-06-16, 15:51)mediumdry Wrote: it'll work quite well, I'm using it myself. What doesn't work (i.e. haven't tried it) is to switch the machine on from off. But I don't ever switch it off.

Hi mate , are you using open elec? I can't get the bluetooth to work , for the life of me I can't figure out what to do.
Is it enabled in OE addon?

(2014-06-17, 16:12)xbs08 Wrote: WOL wake on lan
Works fine in OE from an android device.
MCE are the best remotes for the nucs.

Can you advise how to get WOL on the DN2820 NUC. I have it working on my Baytrail J1800 HTPC but not on the NUC. Note I am using an android app (Yatse) to send the packet. I have a windows remote working via IR which switches it on and off but would love the WOL feature also.

Thanks
I dont use Yatse for wol I use Wake on Lan - with Widget app from developer Increase.
Couldn't make it work with Yatse.

I'll check it out thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC DN2820 Remote options and question0