No menue entry for xbmc-pvr-addons in Gotham 13.1
Hi guys, I have a question:

First and foremost: I used to run mediaportal for many years on my HTPC and was delighted to see what amazing piece of software you developed with xbmc. Thank you so much! For me it is almost a dream coming true, to have now a Linux based HTPC available!!
I recently started using xbmc and spent the last couple of days reading instructions and forum threads to overcome my problem. So far without any success…

This is what I did:

I installed xbmcbuntu from CD, upgraded to 13.1. Everything went smoothly!
I installed TVheadend server, configured my dvb-s adapter. Found all muxes and services, no problems so far, the server is up and running! I followed these instructions: link

As soon as it comes to the point 'Connecting XBMC to Tvheadend' I am lost: I cannot find any entry in the xbmc Menue to activate any pvr clients. The manual simply says, the pvr add-ons are preconfigured in xbmc and simply must be 'activated'.

I found some older threads talking about comparable problems and the solution was to downgrade to an earlier version of xbmc (12 or something). I simply cannot believe that this is the way to proceed…

Did I miss something during installation? Do I have to compile the xbmc-pvr-addons manually (maybe from here: link) ?

Do I have to manually add some configuration?

I'd surely appreciate any hints and sorry if I missed something…

Cheers, Ragee
Ok, I finally found a way...

Just in case somebody else cares, this is what I did:

Code:
wget https://github.com/adamsutton/xbmc-pvr-addons/archive/pvr.tvh-0.9.2.tar.gz
tar xvzf pvr.tvh-0.9.2.tar.gz
cd xbmc-pvr-addons-pvr.tvh-0.9.2
./bootstrap
./configure
make zip

After compilation I installed the add-on as a zip file (pvr.tvh-linux-x86_64.zip) from the xbmc Menue. Everything works fine now for me!!!

But the installation tutorials definitely need some update ;-)

PS: This is probably the wrong section for this thread. If appropriate, somebody might want to move it to 'PVR Help and Support'. Sorry for that.

Cheers,

Ragee
PLEASE guys -- where on earth do I get this pvr.tvh addon?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No menue entry for xbmc-pvr-addons in Gotham 13.10