Fresh Install still Buffering Very Bad
Hi Guys

Been using XBMC since day 1 on APTV 2 never had many issue to bother the forum with. But the latest version XBMC Gotham 3.1 is very poor re buffering i have even done a fresh install it is awful cannot watch anything.

I have checked my 1 Gb network and it is fine no bottle necks even have QoS for the Apple TV it has always worked flawless prior to Gotham!!!

Looking at the forums this is affecting many users do we have any idea why this was not picked up in Beta or do we have any idea what the issue is

Cheers ThorrrrBig Grin

xbmc.log
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache play with readbufferfactor (increase it 1 step per time and up to max 4).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
HI Guys

Not sure what is going on with Gotham as i said i am a big fan of xbmc. But this latest release is like going backwards not forwards with regards to running on ATV.

I tried you last setting and saw a little improvement.

But i started getting restarts half way through videos.
Sound keeps stuttering and nearly all my movies i can see my amp flashing on and off.This was on several films i thought it was the movies but you can rewind it a few times and sometimes it plays fine!!!
Buffering just freezes at 1 or 2%

It is just so frustrating i have tried virgin installs no addons just pure xbmc but same issue.
Frodo was 100 times better worked flawless compared to Gotham.

I have tried running 13.2 Beta 3 but same issues. Is it possible to go back to Frodo or has that download been removed.

I wish it was just one issue but its 3 or 4 not sure how to tackle it?

We end up getting that upset we switch Sky back on (see how bad things can get Smile

My current Advancedsettigs:-

advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>1</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
Yeah atv2 is our worst platform atm - its just not up to the task anymore with its low ram and its the hardest platform to develop for as of its closed nature (even if jailbroken its fishing in the blind from a developers pov).

You can go back to frodo wíthout a problem - i am sure someone who did it already will chime in here soon.

BTW for seeing any improvements you need to increase the readbufferfactor to 4 at least ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphiz

Cheers for quick reply which do you think is the better Eden or Frodo is better for APV?

I guess Frodo is just to heavy for the small RAM is it better not to upgrade at all ?

Thorrrr
Frodo should be fine imo
Hi Memphiz
Do i still need the advancedsettings.xml for Frodo?
Are there any links to ideal settings to run Frodo on ATV?

Changed my setting to

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Is this correct??
This sounds too easy to be true but has worked for me for the past week (playing videos constantly, only 1 reboot) :

Limit bandwidth to around 12mbps. It can take a bit longer sometimes, but essentially no reboots at all.
The advanced settings fixed my buffer issue, on Gotham 13.2.

advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>4</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
(2014-08-10, 21:03)gnikja Wrote: This sounds too easy to be true but has worked for me for the past week (playing videos constantly, only 1 reboot) :

Limit bandwidth to around 12mbps. It can take a bit longer sometimes, but essentially no reboots at all.

Few questions ... is this an ADVANCEDSETTINGS.XML item and if so, is it supported on FRODO (12.3)

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh Install still Buffering Very Bad0