• 10(current)
Release [Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 5
(2015-05-31, 15:42)djkilla Wrote: How do you download this skin? I used to get it by clicking the link you had before to get the file. Now I go to Github and click the download zip button and get Aeon-Nox-master.zip which is the same file as the Aeon Nox link. Do I need to signup for a Github account to get the skin?

I tried installing Aeon-Nox-master.zip and I get a message that the dependencies are not met and to contact the addon author.

Read the first page. Complete skin is for Isengard. Are you on Isengard? Your probably still on Helix and that's why it says dependancies not met.

edit: Quoted from OP... This mod is intended to work with the latest Git version of Aeon Nox, Isengard Branch, so if something appears out of place, you may need to upgrade to the latest version.
(2015-05-31, 15:42)djkilla Wrote: How do you download this skin? I used to get it by clicking the link you had before to get the file. Now I go to Github and click the download zip button and get Aeon-Nox-master.zip which is the same file as the Aeon Nox link. Do I need to signup for a Github account to get the skin?

I tried installing Aeon-Nox-master.zip and I get a message that the dependencies are not met and to contact the addon author.

You could be missing a necessary script if already on Isengard. You should first install Aeon Nox 5 from the repo before overwriting anything.

You don't have install the complete skin. It might be just as easy to add specific mods of your choice. There are many to choose from and they are easy to install. I left the link there because I use GitHub to keep my own skin up-to-date with the main branch, so I thought I'd share the link.
Is there some way to also display Rottent tomatoes rating along with the Imdb rating?
I am not getting the logos! Also, in the main menu it constantly says - unable to build menu.
Please help!
EDIT - Problem solved.
Hi there I'm new to the forum Wink

I downloaded the modified isengard package and installed it.
It seems to work for me, there are just a few things that don't.
I don't get the logos nor do i get the disc art, although I have skin info service and extended info script installed.
Could anybody help me?
(2015-08-31, 10:12)f@ve_96 Wrote: Hi there I'm new to the forum Wink

I don't get the logos nor do i get the disc art, although I have skin info service and extended info script installed.
Could anybody help me?

You've posted the same issue in Mikesilvo's thread. So not sure which "modified package" you're actually referring to.

But the fix is simple. You need to run Artwork Downloader. Those items are considered extra artwork, and are not loaded without the extra step.

If you scrape your artwork locally using Mediaelch, Ember, etc. make sure you set Artwork downloader to use your "local files only", otherwise it will download them from the internet. Also, don't just run Artwork Downloader without taking the time to configure the settings to limit artwork, you may only need to use it for disc's and logo's.
(2015-08-31, 12:30)gardnerd4me Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 10:12)f@ve_96 Wrote: Hi there I'm new to the forum Wink

Could anybody help me?

You've posted the same issue in Mikesilvo's thread. So not sure which "modified package" you're actually referring to.

But the fix is simple. You need to run Artwork Downloader. Those items are considered extra artwork, and are not loaded without the extra step.

If you scrape your artwork locally using Mediaelch, Ember, etc. make sure you set Artwork downloader to use your "local files only", otherwise it will download them from the internet. Also, don't just run Artwork Downloader without taking the time to configure the settings to limit artwork, you may only need to use it for disc's and logo's.

Thanks for the help!!Wink now everything works fine.
i try to install the skin but always give the error of dependencis... anyone can help?
(2015-09-03, 12:09)andrezpt Wrote: i try to install the skin but always give the error of dependencis... anyone can help?

You are probably installing the wrong branch. Change the branch to Isengard and then download again.

I would recommend Mike Silvo's mod if you want an entire skin. It has more customization than the link posted. In fact, I am planning on removing these mods for V16 because they are already included in some form elsewhere.
(2015-09-03, 22:38)Warner306 Wrote: In fact, I am planning on removing these mods for V16 because they are already included in some form elsewhere.

Thanks for your work up till now, Warner306. I have actually started working on MQ6 beta for the last few days. But I really miss the elegant way Nox incorporates home screen fanart slideshow.
(2015-09-04, 07:27)gardnerd4me Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 22:38)Warner306 Wrote: In fact, I am planning on removing these mods for V16 because they are already included in some form elsewhere.

Thanks for your work up till now, Warner306. I have actually started working on MQ6 beta for the last few days. But I really miss the elegant way Nox incorporates home screen fanart slideshow.

The new Aeon MQ6 and Titan are both nice skins that show the obvious hand of a skilled designer. My biggest qualm with MQ6 are the small text sizes that are hard to read at a distance. Everything, including the home screen widgets is too...small. In some cases, it is also too cluttered and over-designed. But still a good skin compared to the competition.

Titan is another skin I like. It has been completely redesigned and has somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 different views. My only complaint about Titan is the lack of strong integration with ExtendedInfo. But it is attractive and designed well. Although, I had to change the home screen menu to a format similar to Aeon Nox to use it.
sorry the noob question but how i change that?

update: already seen Smile

(2015-09-03, 22:38)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 12:09)andrezpt Wrote: i try to install the skin but always give the error of dependencis... anyone can help?

You are probably installing the wrong branch. Change the branch to Isengard and then download again.

I would recommend Mike Silvo's mod if you want an entire skin. It has more customization than the link posted. In fact, I am planning on removing these mods for V16 because they are already included in some form elsewhere.
(2015-09-04, 09:42)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-09-04, 07:27)gardnerd4me Wrote:

The new Aeon MQ6 and Titan are both nice skins that show the obvious hand of a skilled designer. My biggest qualm with MQ6 are the small text sizes that are hard to read at a distance. Everything, including the home screen widgets is too...small. In some cases, it is also too cluttered and over-designed. But still a good skin compared to the competition.

Titan is another skin I like. It has been completely redesigned and has somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 different views. My only complaint about Titan is the lack of strong integration with ExtendedInfo. But it is attractive and designed well. Although, I had to change the home screen menu to a format similar to Aeon Nox to use it.

Yeah, I agree about the text size. The only time I see it too cluttered is on the info screen... don't need to see logo and clearart right next to each other. But I did see someone replace the clearart with disc art. I also had to change the vignette on the top of showart view, I want to see fanart not black gradient. But it's still beta, so who knows haha. Haven't tried Titan, didn't catch my eye. But i'll always keep a copy of Nox on hand. It's almost perfect, and BigNoid keeps doing great work.

Again, thanks for all the work you've put in on the mods, i'm sure you'll keep it up on v16.

edit: found this for bigger fonts... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=179262 sorry for off topic
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 57