• 2(current)
Release [Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 5
(2014-06-30, 10:19)[Tahini] Wrote: Hi Warner,
thx for the mod! I was missing the default label for tv shows Smile

How easy would it be to tweak your mode to achieve the following:
1) have a single logo (maybe bigger) instead of 3
2) lower the floor in order to have more of the fanart show

I could edit the basic skin but I'd really like the label as well (which is missing from vanilla AN 5)

Thanks in advance

I'm not a coder, so it would be quite a bit of work for me to find the relevant code and edit it. However, your mod wouldn't be that difficult to achieve. I noticed someone got you started in another thread by showing you how to isolate the single logo with a single line of code in View_59_Logo.xml. That's half the battle.

To include the label, you would have to first import the mod in this thread and then edit View_59_Logo.xml as per mikebzh44's instructions. The label is included in MyVideoNav.xml. Instructions on how to include the label alone are included in this thread. So you could edit MyVideoNav.xml yourself and exclude the rest of the mod if you desire. I suggest using Notepad++. In MyVideoNav.xml, you might also want to find the string "IMDb" and replace it with "TVDB" (don't change the spacing!). TV shows ratings are from the TVDB not IMDb. I didn't realize this until recently.

After that, all that would remain is finding the code related to the floor shadow and deleting it. This should be one .png file and nothing more. If you can't find the relevant .png shadow, you might have to make a request in a thread if you get that far. Taking a screenshot and explaining your progress usually gets results. I'm sure someone would help you out. That's how the views I've created have been completed.

When you're finished, I'd encourage you to share your view with others. Package the edited MyVideoNav.xml and View_59_Logo.xml together in a zip file. There is always someone like you who wants a certain view.
The includesBackgroundBuilding.xml handles the floor shadow. There are several sections in there for different views. Easiest way to tweak it for one, look for the view number in that file and start adding or removing it from conditions.

Example. 57 if the id for shift view. So, if you find anything like:
<visible>![Control.IsVisible(59) | Control.IsVisible(56) | Control.IsVisible(57)]</visible>

And you remove "Control.IsVisible(57)", the shift view should now look different...in one way or another. Experiment.
Thanks guys! A lot of useful info Smile
I'll give it a try when I get home, cheers!
How to change to non scraped media(home videos etc...) icons viewtype? Only 8 thumbs show: 4 column 2 row. It's very few.

I would like to 4x4 or 5x5, (16:9 aspect ratio thumbs).

for example:

picture

my frodo shiftview (rewritten) but i cant use gotham:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<includes>
    <include name="ShiftView">
        <control type="group">    
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(57)</visible>
                <include>Animation_VisibleChange200</include>
                <include>Animation_OpenCloseZoom_New</include>    

<control type="image">
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>1080</height>
            <texture>bg.jpg</texture>
            <animation effect="fade" start="90" end="100" time="400" condition="true">Conditional</animation>

</control>

<control type="panel" id="57">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>0</posy>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>1080</height>
                <onleft>9000</onleft>
                <onright>60</onright>
                <onup>57</onup>
                <ondown>57</ondown>
                <viewtype label="21371">Icon</viewtype>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">200</scrolltime>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>

<itemlayout height="214" width="382">
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>10</posx>
                        <posy>10</posy>
                        <width>372</width>
                        <height>204</height>
                        <texture background="true" fallback="DefaultGenre.jpg">$VAR[ThumbnailVar]</texture>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="center" aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>
                    </control>

<control type="image">
                         <posx>10</posx>
                         <posy>179</posy>
                         <width>372</width>
                         <height>35</height>
                         <texture background="true">szoveghatter.png</texture>                    
                    </control>

<control type="label">
                        <posx>10</posx>
                        <posy>188</posy>
                        <height>13</height>
                        <width>372</width>
                        <font>Font_Reg10</font>
                        <textcolor>white2</textcolor>
                        <scroll>false</scroll>
                        <label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Label][/UPPERCASE]</label>          
                    </control>

</itemlayout>

<focusedlayout height="214" width="382">
                    <control type="image">
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>392</width>
                        <height>224</height>
                        <texture  background="true" fallback="DefaultGenre.jpg">$VAR[ThumbnailVar]</texture>
                        <bordersize>10</bordersize>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false" align="center" aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>
                    </control>

<control type="image">
                         <posx>0</posx>
                         <posy>0</posy>
                         <width>392</width>
                         <height>224</height>
                         <texture background="true">border.png</texture>                    
                    </control>

<control type="label">
                        <posx>10</posx>
                        <posy>188</posy>
                        <height>13</height>
                        <width>372</width>
                        <font>Font_Reg10</font>
                        <textcolor>white2</textcolor>
                        <scroll>true</scroll>
                        <label>[UPPERCASE]$INFO[ListItem.Label][/UPPERCASE]</label>
                    </control>

</focusedlayout>
            </control>      

</control>
</include>
</includes>
Thanks for this mod just what i was after, working greaat with openelec Smile
hi i am a newbe at this sort of thing , i have got a ice cube 2 android tv box running gotham 13.2 but i am unsure how to get mine like yours also i ould like to add addons aswell as logos ect to my movies , i know nothing about changeing files or copy and pasteing files within xbmc , where do i start help thanks
(2014-11-11, 17:20)flowerpot Wrote: hi i am a newbe at this sort of thing , i have got a ice cube 2 android tv box running gotham 13.2 but i am unsure how to get mine like yours also i ould like to add addons aswell as logos ect to my movies , i know nothing about changeing files or copy and pasteing files within xbmc , where do i start help thanks

Sorry, flowerpot, I'm not familiar with Android boxes. I would start a thread in the general Kodi forum. Someone there would likely answer. Include a link to this thread and tell them you would like to add this mod to your Android box:

198042 (thread)

Ok this is the issue im having i know i should be using helix but i just prefer gotham 13.2 as have it all set up how i want and tried latest kodi beta and had alot of issues with stuff....

So can someone please just explain to me how i can prevent the menu from the left had side from staying there as it just auto comes on when i go into my movies and i just cant get shot of it, must be something in the myvideonav.xml i can edit to prevent it from popping up,

Have asked Warner and he has tried to help me as much as possible but obviously this was updated for helix but just need to make it work on gotham 13.2 somehow please some of you brainy people help this numpty out find out what i need to do

Will buy you a pint when i see you Big Grin
I'd just upgrade to Helix. You might run into some library problems that can be fixed with proper backup copy of your library that can be imported afterwards and retain all your custom art.

If not, I'll upload a complete copy of my Gotham skin folder tomorrow, as I still have it. I made several little changes: removed the HD/SD icons in Showcase view because I didn't like them, added the director's name in place of gene in infowall and added Fanartlist from Steveb to the available views. Otherwise, all of the mods I've created (Small Icons, Logo, Info on Pause and Discart to Video Info) are included in there. So you can poach from the files in there.
Warner that would be excellent m8 if you could upload me a gotham skin folder that would do me a treat please pal

Thanks alot for you endless help highly appreciated look forward to getting the skin in full swing :-)
Post deleted. Complete skin folder moved to first post.
Excellent thanks alot Warner appreciated pal thanks for all your help
First post updated.
Hi,

I installed openelec kodi/helix on my cubox i4 pro an replaced the original Aeon Nox folder with your complete folder but the next aired bij tv shows isn't showing up.

Do i have to install something else for that?
And the livetv mod is this also avaible in in your folder or do i have to edit the xml files?

Thanks!
(2014-11-28, 23:22)Pienoet Wrote: Hi,

I installed openelec kodi/helix on my cubox i4 pro an replaced the original Aeon Nox folder with your complete folder but the next aired bij tv shows isn't showing up.

Do i have to install something else for that?
And the livetv mod is this also avaible in in your folder or do i have to edit the xml files?

Thanks!

You need to have the TV Show Next Aired script installed for next aired information to show-up (from the XBMC.org repo). More info here: Add-on:TV_Show_-_Next_Aired (wiki).

You can easily add the live TV mod, but you will have one duplicate file:
  • includes.xml
You will want to use Maniac's version, but you have to add one line of code:

Add the following to the list of available views at the beginning of includes.xml:

<include file="View_499_Wall_Large.xml" />

That's it. FYI, Notepad++ is good for these tasks.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 57