ROM Collection Browser issues
Greetings All,
I have been having issues on getting some ROM Collection browser games working and I know what is wrong but I have no idea how to fix it. My issue is with audio not working in NES emulators (either FCEUX or JNES), a problem not unique to some users. The part of the problem that is unique is it seems that most people who have the problem are on linux...I am not...I use Windows 7 64 bit. It seems several iterations of XBMC ago they changed the way it handles audio and XBMC was not "passing" the audio torch to my NES emulator in time unless I turned off all UI sounds (essentially I needed to allow 10 seconds for XBMC to release the audio but then the minute I hit enter to select a game the UI sound would reset that timer). As weird as it sounds I actually like the UI sounds and do not wish to disable them....so my question is...is there any other way in WINDOWS 7 to allow NES games to work with audio other than disabling XBMC UI sounds? Here is the most relevant data...

XMBC version 13.1 Gotham
NES emulators: FCEUX and JNES
Audio: I use the fiber optic audio out (SPDIF) on my HTPC to my stereo.

NES games are the only ones that do this...all other emulators I have seem to work fine even with UI sounds on.

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this has come up before...I simply could not find a non-linux request for assistance.
What version of RCB do you use? With latest testing releases (2.0.12 and above) RCB has an option to "suspend audio" before it launches the emulator. Maybe this solves your problem.

If this does not help you could try to use solo mode instead.
(2014-06-17, 06:41)malte Wrote: What version of RCB do you use? With latest testing releases (2.0.12 and above) RCB has an option to "suspend audio" before it launches the emulator. Maybe this solves your problem.

If this does not help you could try to use solo mode instead.

Hmm, I will check which version I use. I loaded it directly from the the XBMC.org repos. last week so I am not sure which one it gave me. Thank you for reminding me...I did try the solo mode and that does in fact work but adds a slew of different issues such as giving some kind of "XBMC cannot be found" error when exiting the emulator forcing me to break out a keyboard and reset to reload xbmc.

The suspend audio sounds promising. Will look into that.
In XBMC repo you will find version 2.0.10. Newer test version can be found in RCBs thread here in the forum.

To solve the "XBMC not found" error you could check the file applaunch.bat in RCBs userdata folder (XBMC/userdata/addon_data). At the end of the file is a command that is trying to launch XBMC. It defaults to "C:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC".
(2014-06-17, 09:29)malte Wrote: In XBMC repo you will find version 2.0.10. Newer test version can be found in RCBs thread here in the forum.

To solve the "XBMC not found" error you could check the file applaunch.bat in RCBs userdata folder (XBMC/userdata/addon_data). At the end of the file is a command that is trying to launch XBMC. It defaults to "C:\Program Files(x86)\XBMC".

You sir are a genius. I did in fact have 2.0.10 and I upgraded to .15 and the audio thing worked! Now I can have my UI sounds and NES games too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ROM Collection Browser issues0