USE WINDOWS SHORTCUTS
I have a mixture of 2D and 3D movies on a number of hard drives but I want to be able to view all my 3d movies in one folder even though the files are stored elsewhere, rather than create a playlist and have to edit it every time i get a new movie i'd like to know if i can get XBMC to recognize windows shortcuts as actual movies.

i tried renaming the shortcuts from .shortcut to just .mkv, windows plays them fine as expected but XBMC doesn't see them in the folder, can help feeling this would be a useful option to add, unless there is a workaround, i'd rather not use ulinks though, to easy to delete the original files using ULINK
You could just use smart playlists (wiki), which don't have to be edited every time.
the smart lists are created from your movie folder list which only shows the scape information not the actual file names so you cant search for anything like "3D" unless it has it in the title on IMDB. Is there a way you can get it ti create a smart list from the movie files names instead?

I cant even get XBMC to pickup any of m3 3d movies, tried using .3D.BLURAY.MKV but it doesnt pick any of them up, so auto switch to SDS doesnt work either, not sure what I am doing wrong

If i kept all my 3D movies in one folder this wouldn't be an issue but some are kept in sets folders in different locations for a reason.
(2014-06-17, 18:21)stoolzo Wrote: the smart lists are created from your movie folder list which only shows the scape information not the actual file names so you cant search for anything like "3D" unless it has it in the title on IMDB. Is there a way you can get it ti create a smart list from the movie files names instead?

I cant even get XBMC to pickup any of m3 3d movies, tried using .3D.BLURAY.MKV but it doesnt pick any of them up, so auto switch to SDS doesnt work either, not sure what I am doing wrong

If i kept all my 3D movies in one folder this wouldn't be an issue but some are kept in sets folders in different locations for a reason.

Smart playlists only work with library items, but they have full access to the file names and can have rules based on the name having 3D in it. There is a specific filename option for this.

Filename -> Contains -> 3D (or .3D. If you are worried about false positives).
I have some 3d movies in one folder, if I search title for 3D, .3D or SBS it doesnt find anything it must be searching the library title and not the file name itself. It finds them if I use PATH and point it to these movies, however it isnt very smart if I have to tell them which folders my 3d movies are in.

I have my films on two main disks. On one disk they are just in a folder called 3d, these are for non sets, just one off 3d movies. This works ok.

The problem is the smart playlist wont pickup my 3d movies in other folders, I have another disk called "movie collections", in here there is a folder for all my collections, for instance I have a folder for Avengers movies, some are in 2D and some in 3D, these are picked up in the library as movies and play in auto SBS mode but I cant anyway to capture all 3D movies in a play list where ever they are on my PC, this is the problem.
Are you sure you are using the "Filename" rule and not the "Title" rule?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USE WINDOWS SHORTCUTS0