Menu text missing
I have updated Xbmc in Linux Opensuse 13.1 from Packman repository.
Now, with Xbmc 13.1 no text appears in the menus.
Thanks for your answer.
Welcome to forums.

You will have to provide a full Debug log (wiki) over at some pastebin so anyone can post a proper reply a screenshot wouldnt go amiss either.

But the only issues with no text on menus are a very old bug with ATI drivers though iirc it was windows issue but who knows see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143548

But without better info this is as good an answer you gonna get atm Wink
Thanks for your answer.
I attached a screen capture.
How you can see it's difficult to navigate though the menus without text .
I can't send you a log.
If you look in the wiki at the debug log section you will see how to set debug logging from advancedsettings.xml.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks.
This is the log:

[edited to remove log, due to it's age will not be replaced] PatK
As Ncikr suggested "look in the wiki at the debug log section you will see how to set debug logging" debug logs in the forum is frowned on... Logs should be complete, with debug turned on and pasted to a pastebin then linked back to a message in this forum. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Tro...art_way.3F
Here's the log:
Logs
Thanks
My untrained eye sees nothing that sticks out at me.

My guesses would be:

1. Graphics driver issues, but you seem to have a recent nvidia driver (although I am very unfamiliar with suse issues these days)

2. Some issue in your usersettings directory, which you could test by stopping xbmc, renaming your userdata directory and starting xbmc.

3. A lack of a font in your system? (I must say I am not sure how XBMC handles fonts and to what extent it relies on the operating system to supply them).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks.
Before I wrote this post, I tried a lot of things.
The only changes when began the problem was update XBMC from the Packman repository.
It's the same graphic controller and no special update in the enviroment.
The old version has worked well and had no problem.
I think that it's a mistake in this version for Opensuse.
Kind regards.
Or the packages in the pacman repo are borked, compile from source and you will have the answer.
I solve it manually install libpng15.so.15()(64bit) and xbmc-13.1-2.4.x86_64 from Packman repo.
The problem is in the xbmc-13.1-2.3.x86_64 version.
Thanks a lot.
looks like they screwed up the packaging or something and incremented it themselves to fix issue, XBMC doesnt not have any official packages or repos outside Ubuntu (that I know of) so those revisions and builds are all 3rd party.
I got it working right. All menus, texts, texts in menus, etc are all back
How I did it:
This is on an AmazonFirestick with KODI installed but I'm certain the procedure is very similar if installed side-by-side on another device....
I went to the Amazon Stick's
Settings, Applications, Manage Installed Applications, Kodi, Foce Stop, Clear CACHE (NOT DATA!!), Force Stop (yes, again)

And that did it. All fonts, texts, etc were back to normal.

Was this helpful? Let me know...
Thread moved to OS independent as it relates to multiple OS's.

Note that the thread was over 2 years old at the time of last reply though...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah, I was aware of it being over 2 years old BUT, I put it here for this reason: When I had MY problem with the disappearing text, Google returned very few hits on the topic that was even remotely related to what the "no text anywhere" problem was. It did list THIS thread though, so, logically, I figured that if any other FireStick user hits this thread, they'd find the solution here too - hopefully. Besides, this post is taking up very little space on the server and not hurting anything. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu text missing0