Best way to implement an edl GUI
Hey, I have been trying to figure out the best way to do a GUI for creating edl's. I was thinking something that would let you toggle skip and mute on the video playing screen would be the easiest to use. I have been digging through the wiki and source, and though I see a couple different ways it could be done, they don't seem as straight forward as I would like. Does anybody know if there is a way it could be done in a plugin, or would the source code have to be modified? Thanks!
I guess it would be best if you describe your desired functionality in detail.
Sorry, I should have given a better description.

I am trying to make a plugin for creating clearplay/commercial skipping filters, but without having to fire up notepad and mark down times. Ideally, it would work like so:
-you start the plugin
-start watching your media
-when you get to something you want to skip, you click an onscreen button to start the edit
-when the edit is finished, click again
-continue watching/editing
-when you finish, a popup comes up that lets you name the filter and save it
When I looked at the wiki, I saw how to make windows and dialogs, but I didn't see anything about being able to add something to the onscreen menu. It also seems like instead of using a button, a keyboard shortcut might be easier, but I didn't see a built-in way to do that either.
I won't be original Smile and would recommend my PyXBMCt GUI framework:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174859
AddonDialogWindow class is just what you need.
Thanks! It looks really good, and I will definitely be using it.
I may be missing something extremely obvious, but I can't figure out how to get it where you can interact with the dialog and the rest of the interface at the same time. Would I have to add buttons to the dialog so that you can control the video and menus?
(2014-06-21, 02:56)cascade256 Wrote: Thanks! It looks really good, and I will definitely be using it.
I may be missing something extremely obvious, but I can't figure out how to get it where you can interact with the dialog and the rest of the interface at the same time. Would I have to add buttons to the dialog so that you can control the video and menus?

You can use arrow keys and Enter to control your UI and still use your remote or keyboard shortcuts (e.g. space to pause) to control playback - all at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to implement an edl GUI0