Win i'm stumped-- major control issues in Win7; XBMC unusable
Question 
ok, so i'm having major control issues in XBMC 13.1 (& 13.0 for that matter) whether in fullscreen or not...

i cannot see the mouse pointer unless i Ctrl+Alt+Del & start Task Manager, but when i try to click anything in the XBMC window, the pointer disappears again. i can only use the up/down arrows on the keyboard so i'm stuck on Pictures, Power, or Favorites in the main menu. The remote control that came with my mouse & keyboard doesn't do much either.

i have no idea what is causing this but i should mention that i experienced no such issues with v12 or less of XBMC & i'm currently having no control problems whatsoever with any other program....

i've already tried the obvious attempt to uninstall (including profile folder)/reinstall to no avail & the only other thing i've come up with would be some sort of possible incompatibility with the Logitech keyboard/mouse software... but, again, i'm having no other control issues with any other application at all on my entire pc, so....

anybody know what the culprit might be?

thanks!
(2014-06-17, 12:37)neyel8r Wrote: anybody know what the culprit might be?

In Confluence skin at least... ensure that 'Settings->System->Input->Enable mouse and touch screen support' is enabled. If disabled, your mouse pointer won't appear.
thanks for the reply, but i can't even get to Settings because the controls are all jacked up......
(2014-06-17, 13:00)neyel8r Wrote: thanks for the reply, but i can't even get to Settings because the controls are all jacked up......

Plenty of things could have happened, first thing that springs to mind is someone's been messing with your settings when you're not looking, or you've customized the skin to the extent you've hidden all other options or your profile is corrupt.. could be just about anything.

Easiest resolutions that spring to mind, enable the mouse manually, or create a new profile..

Ensure XBMC is closed then..

To enable mouse manually..
* Start -> Run -> %appdata% -> OK
* Open XBMC\Userdata
* Open GuiSettings.xml with WordPad (or your editor of choice that will handle the formatting/carriage returns properly)
* Search for 'mouse'.. you need to change
Code:
<enablemouse default="true">false</enablemouse>
to
Code:
<enablemouse default="true">true</enablemouse>
Save the file and open XBMC.

To create a new profile...
* Start -> Run -> %appdata% -> OK
* Rename XBMC to something else.
When you open XBMC again you'll have a fresh profile (like opening XBMC for the first time), you can selectively pull data from your old profile depending on how much you'd customized it (i.e copy the sources.xml from your renamed folder to the new one if you can't be bothered setting up sources again)
thanks again for trying to help, but those suggestions didn't work either Sad
(2014-06-17, 13:00)neyel8r Wrote: thanks for the reply, but i can't even get to Settings because the controls are all jacked up......

You stated above you can use the keyboard, so why can't you use the arrow keys to reach the Settings to access Input Devices in order to check what is enabled. If by any chance random things appear to be happening then there can be control issues with v13 which can be caused by having joysticks/game controllers or other device with accelerometer plugged in, so if in this situation unplug everything apart from the keyboard to get control back, and then make sure joystick support is disabled under Input Devices so you can plug the other stuff back in.
(2014-06-17, 13:58)jjd-uk Wrote:

You stated above you can use the keyboard, so why can't you use the arrow keys to reach the Settings to access Input Devices in order to check what is enabled. If by any chance random things appear to be happening then there can be control issues with v13 which can be caused by having joysticks/game controllers or other device with accelerometer plugged in, so if in this situation unplug everything apart from the keyboard to get control back, and then make sure joystick support is disabled under Input Devices so you can plug the other stuff back in.

Blush whoops... it was my Wingman controller.... i barely use it & forgot it was still plugged in.....

thanks! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i'm stumped-- major control issues in Win7; XBMC unusable0