digital signage queueing system
Hello every one

I am a developer from Portugal

I am developing a digital signage system using raspberry pi and raspbmc coupled with a content management webservice (built with laravel) .

One of needs is queue management in public spaces i was wondering if any of you came across such a addon or if you can give any directions where to start.

Brief system detail of system

1. Addon with autostart detects and syncs content in local folder, using webservice, also responsible for starting and stoping Slideshow as needed
Problem found: not possible to set per picture display time, only globally.
Problem found: how to keep or wake up the addon on regular basis

2 Addon responsible for showing one or more queues
Problem found: how to keep info on screen at all times, (home, video, picture)
Solution in progress; change all skins as required, looking how to send info to control in changed skin

Problem found: how to increase/decrease queue number with keyboard/mouse/ponter
Solution in progress: remap keyboard.xml and name key for increase and another for decrease - (how to deal with multiple queues)

Thank's to anyone willing to help.
Have you looked at Screenly? It's a digital signage system written specifically for the raspberry pi.
See here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...41&t=12396
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
(2014-06-17, 13:33)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Have you looked at Screenly? It's a digital signage system written specifically for the raspberry pi.
See here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...41&t=12396

Yes we did, screenly opensource doesn´t quite fit the project, has no queue management, you have setup each device and we wan't group and individual content (a mix between content for everybody and individual node content ) also get stats from the queue system for human resource allocation.

thank's for your input
Hi I was wondering about the status of your custom solution development.
THX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
digital signage queueing system0