ios 7.1 build failure
All,

I am experiencing a build failure when trying to compile the Gotham branch for ios sdk 7.1.

The failure is on step 3.1 of the ios readme.

I have Xcode 5.1.1 installed. I used this configure command (after running ./bootstrap)

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-sdk=7.1

The error message I receive is as follows.

Dependencies built successfully.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C target
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C pcre
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C iphoneos7.1_armv7-target
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make all-am
CC libpcre_la-pcre_compile.lo
/var/folders/cr/r1wjfsbd2ms78hdj11bhvzp00000gn/T/pcre_compile-615c15.s:8825:']' expected -- `vst1.64 {d8,d9},[r4:128]'
/var/folders/cr/r1wjfsbd2ms78hdj11bhvzp00000gn/T/pcre_compile-615c15.s:54582:']' expected -- `vld1.64 {d8,d9},[r4:128]'
clang: error: assembler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[4]: *** [libpcre_la-pcre_compile.lo] Error 1

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
This is not a supported build constellation as of docs/README.ios ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK. Thanks.

It is kind of a Catch 22. The iPad pulled down an over the air update. In order to deploy an app to it I needed to download the latest Xcode. And so it goes.
Whatever Catch 22 means - yeah i know it sucks ... Smile

but apple with its clang shit is breaking depends build nearly on each xcode update and its a major undertaking to fix it ... this time even worse because the error is in some assembler code - it could be a problem with gas-preprocessor.pl aswell which is maintained by libav - but i tried with their latest and still got the same error - so no solution for now
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ios 7.1 build failure0