• 9(current)
WIP Substratum
(2014-07-25, 00:32)hoopsdavis Wrote: Arcanthur, are you planing to support Live TV?

(2014-07-26, 00:14)tjsuominen Wrote: Double +1 for the LiveTV support Smile

Live TV support isn't a high priority for me, but it is something I would like to include eventually.

(2014-07-25, 21:26)allard1992 Wrote: I've donated. Maybe I can download the preview alpha version some day Wink

Send me a PM
Sweet merciful crap this is looking good! Great work, can't wait to use it.

Could this be the skin to finally knock Immersive off my system?
I love the look of this and I'm not trying to be critical when I say that a skin isn't really complete these days without pvr support, so I hope it makes it in.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-27, 22:09)nickr Wrote: I love the look of this and I'm not trying to be critical when I say that a skin isn't really complete these days without pvr support, so I hope it makes it in.

I understand the sentiment. I do want to include PVR support, it's just going to have to take a backseat to other features first (no PVR here). At some point it will go in though. Definitely shooting for feature complete with this one.
(2014-07-27, 23:54)Arcanthur Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 22:09)nickr Wrote: I love the look of this and I'm not trying to be critical when I say that a skin isn't really complete these days without pvr support, so I hope it makes it in.

I understand the sentiment. I do want to include PVR support, it's just going to have to take a backseat to other features first (no PVR here). At some point it will go in though. Definitely shooting for feature complete with this one.

PVR is not a requirement for repo. A lot of people don't use it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-27, 23:58)Martijn Wrote: PVR is not a requirement for repo. A lot of people don't use it.

That's good to know! Nod

That way we can have this released on the repo and work on the PVR stuff later.
I certainly endorse releasing a working skin and then working on the PVR stuff, that would be a good outcome! Conq did the same IIRC. I also think it was Hitcher said that PVR was the hardest (or perhaps most tedious) part, so I don't blame you leaving it for last.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-27, 23:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 23:54)Arcanthur Wrote:

Yep. I get really annoyed with those who say its so critical when in fact its such a small part of the skin that requires so much time to code.
(2014-07-28, 12:23)Type+ Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 23:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-07-27, 23:54)Arcanthur Wrote: I understand the sentiment. I do want to include PVR support, it's just going to have to take a backseat to other features first (no PVR here). At some point it will go in though. Definitely shooting for feature complete with this one.

Yep. I get really annoyed with those who say its so critical when in fact its such a small part of the skin that requires so much time to code.

Well it's critical if you use pvr.
Whoa, every body relax...... I want pvr as much as the next man, but how about not stressing out the Skinner and let them complete what they set out to do.
Never used PVR myself Wink
PVR is getting a major revamp in the update to XBMC so I can see why Hitcher + Arcanthur would want to focus on it last. No sense putting in all the work to have to re-do everything later.
Major revamp = next XBMC major release?

And yes, leave that last, nothing is more stupid than un-necessary re-do...

Keep up the great work!!

Ps. Made a funny personal promise, when this is released, will get Nexus <put new version here> for myself :-) Promises are to be kept, right :-)

// t
A simple PVR section should be doable right?
I'm a heavy PVR user so without a PVR section it would be useless for me Wink
well, then don't use it until PVR got added some day. Simple as that.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Substratum28