Linux Backend for Analog Cable (NTSC)
Hi all ,

I need some help , I still have Analog cable (old i know) and it works ok connected directly to my TV .. My wife still watches it , don't ask me why . I want to run a pvr backend on my Xbmcbuntu that supports analog cable .
I do have a capture card (Image
Its a Hauppauge HVR-1600
I use to have it running with Mediaportal/xbmc . But have moved on to linux ..I tried Tvheadend but can't scan analog . Do you guys know any other linux Backend that can do the job ?

Thanks !
Have you tried Mythtv?
(2014-06-18, 18:31)negge Wrote: Have you tried Mythtv?

Not yet , Does it work under Mythtv ? If yes I would start learning on how to implement it . Seem like most of the info is outdated , as this technology is old.
mythtv certainly works with analogue, whether that particular card is supported I am unsure.

The mythtv-users ailing list is possibly a better place to ask.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply . Seems like Mythtv is the way to go , I'll make it my weekend project , and will update .

Edit , OK So mythTV is working with analogue , just got it running , was able to see some channels using mythbuntu .

Now I just need to setup xbmc . Thx guys for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux Backend for Analog Cable (NTSC)0