Win Multichannel downmix
Hi,
this is my first time here, so please be patient...
I'm running Gotham with Aeon Nox skin on windows 7.
everything perfect.

The Problem :
I' m running a Logitech 5.1 Activ speaker system.
When i plug the earphones into the Master Speaker the sound is still 5.1.
Because the Computer is in a different room i can't plug the earphones into the frontconector of the computer.
So up to now i have to change the speaker setting in the system settings from 5.1 to stereo to get the earphone working correctly.

Is it possible to add an option to the OSD to change the Speaker setup direcly inside the OSD to stereo?
I think for the most of you no no big deal, but big problem for me......
...and sorry about my bad english Blush

Daniel
(2014-06-18, 10:48)desasterdan Wrote: Hi,
this is my first time here, so please be patient...
I'm running Gotham with Aeon Nox skin on windows 7.
everything perfect.

The Problem :
I' m running a Logitech 5.1 Activ speaker system.
When i plug the earphones into the Master Speaker the sound is still 5.1.
Because the Computer is in a different room i can't plug the earphones into the frontconector of the computer.
So up to now i have to change the speaker setting in the system settings from 5.1 to stereo to get the earphone working correctly.

Is it possible to add an option to the OSD to change the Speaker setup direcly inside the OSD to stereo?
I think for the most of you no no big deal, but big problem for me......
...and sorry about my bad english Blush

Daniel

I think you can set your audio output and passthrough device to WASAPI and then uncheck all of the audio codecs: Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS Master, Dolby True HD, etc. That way the sound is down-mixed to a format that the device can handle. You must not mean speaker output - headphone jacks can only output in stereo. If you connected to a digital audio out on the computer, this set-up should be fine.
Thanks for response,
...but that's not the point.
My Speakers pluged to the analouge output of the board.
So, no passthrough.
WASAPI is enabled.
I think the problem is that the audiodriver don't notice when i plug the earphones into plug at the frontspeaker.
(master speaker, where you can switch the speaker system on/off and regulate the volume)
For testing i put the earphones into the front plug at the pc, everything works well.

So, in my case, a modified audio OSD where i can change the speaker setup would be the simplest.
Maybe somebody can show me what to modify, because i am not that familiar with skinning.

Daniel
(2014-06-20, 20:04)desasterdan Wrote: Thanks for response,
...but that's not the point.
My Speakers pluged to the analouge output of the board.
So, no passthrough.
WASAPI is enabled.
I think the problem is that the audiodriver don't notice when i plug the earphones into plug at the frontspeaker.
(master speaker, where you can switch the speaker system on/off and regulate the volume)
For testing i put the earphones into the front plug at the pc, everything works well.

So, in my case, a modified audio OSD where i can change the speaker setup would be the simplest.
Maybe somebody can show me what to modify, because i am not that familiar with skinning.

Daniel

You're better off creating a shortcut to the Settings menu on your remote. Modding that control into the Video OSD could be a lot of work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multichannel downmix0