BigFan mod in Aeon Nox 5.1.2
Hi,

I have implemented the BigFan mod described by Vaikin here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1702651.

Thanks Vaikin for bringing BigFan to AN 5! That said... I might have done some mistake but the end result is different from what I was expecting.

This is what BigFan looked on Aeon Nox 4: http://i50.tinypic.com/32zmg5d.png
and this is what it looks on my Aeon Nox 5.1.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3aee3jkep21ehsj/image.jpg

The first is much more balanced in my opinion. Is it possible to eliminate the differences in order to make BigFan to look like it was on AN 4?

Particularly:
1) the movie title is placed too high on AN 5 so that it almost touches the divider
2) the movie title is in lower case while the rest of the text is in upper case. I find this a bit illogical.
3) the movie title and the text for genre/duration/etc have almost the same size, I would like the movie title to be a bit bigger as it was on AN 4
4) The order of the additional info is different (on AN 4: year/duration/ratings; on AN 5: year/ratings/duration)
5) The placing of the codec logo is too much on the left so that it overlaps the text

Let me know if it is possible and what exactly I should be editing. Thanks! Smile
You can find everything for this view in View_591_BigFan.xml in the <skin>\1080i folder.

1) The control is on line 158. Adjust posy value as desired.
2) Change line 165 from: font48 to font48_title
3) To increase font size go explore font.xml file in the 1080i folder.
4) That one is a variable: VideoSubLabelVar
Open variables.xml and find it. Change the order, add new stuff, remove stuff, make a new variable. Whatever you wish Smile
5) Technically, your genre is way too long Tongue but still, valid point. You can resize the icons or remove some, but I would advise against moving them any closer. Some icons are larger than others and you will encounter overlap.
View_591_BigFan.xml, line 114 through 155. Change the posx values to move them left or right. If you want to resize them, open Includes_CommonValues.xml and find MediaFlagVars. Change width and height accordingly.
Thanks a lot!!
I will give it a try when I get home Smile
I managed to do almost everything, in the end I had to delete the ratings sublabel cause I couldnt figure the right syntax, all my efforts resulted in missing spaces and separating dots. It doesnt matter as I never could stomach them Smile
I changed the order of the flags, since studio and MPAA ratings are missing for many of my non-Hollywood movies, this way I wont have any "holes" when the missing flags fail to be displayed.
Changed the fonts to upper/lowercase, increased their size. I also lowered the thumbnail a bit and the overlay flag on top of it.

All in all i'm super happy, thanks for the help Smile

PS: btw the lines of the xml didnt match with the ones you indicated
I probably made changes since posting the mod, I fiddle a lot Tongue

Glad to hear you got it sorted.
I am new to XBMC and Aeon Nox and hope that someone can help me figure this out. Smile

I have installed XBMC 13.1 and Aeon Nox 5.1.2
Trying to follow Vaikin's instructions to get the Showcases with covers and BigFan view working.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1702651

Place View_53_Showcase.xml in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder

I do not have this folder but found this instead --> C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\pvr.vdr.vnsi\resources\skins\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\

I have put both XML files into that folder (that did nothing).
Next I looked for MyVideoNav.xml to add the lines of code. I found this file twice, one in each folder for Confluence and Touched (default skins) but nothing related to Aeon Nox.

You will now need to open MyVideoNav.xml and add in a button to toggle the cases on and off. Add the following code after line 380

Not sure how to proceed since the file structure in my XBMC installation is obviously different....
hehe, simple mistake really. That folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\" is the installation folder. But there is another one, that's hidden, that keeps any scripts/addons/skins you install, as well as other important data.

It's located at: C:\Users\<insert username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
ie: C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\XBMC

There you should find the skin.aeon.nox.5 inside the addons folder. Instructions should make sense from there Smile
Thanks mate, that worked a charm Smile
I figured out the location of the skins on my amazon fire tv (/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ )

But my /.kodi folder doesnt have anything in it. I have roughly 4 skins installed. Im looking to configure Aeon Nox 5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BigFan mod in Aeon Nox 5.1.20