• 11(current)
Release script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]
My solution for now on my Win 10 HTPC:
-Activate Ambibox Plugin in Kodi
-Use Ambibox with "Screen capture -> Windows 8"

I use a different aspect ratio than 16: 9.
I use 21:10, so the colors are not read at the edge.
This works perfectly for films with black bars as well as for full-screen movies.
Liquid representation with high framrate. I feel the result of the lights very well.

And over the plugin in Kodi, I can adjust that Ambibox only runs when I see a movie and otherwise stops again.
I do not know why you need the interface to Kodi directly. I am very happy with this solution.

For me, the colors remained often when I used the Kodi script.
(2017-01-09, 11:11)Maboz Wrote: Hi, I was testing your latest version with Krypton. I don't care much about full speed atm, mostly I care to make it work. On 16:9 videos taking the full screen it works fine, but on movies with black bars I get an initial blu flash, then nothing. when seeking I again see leds for a second, and back to nothing.
Something must have changed in the way the video frame is polled for colors?

The addon was never able to compensate for black bars. The python routines are just too slow to do that kind of transform on every frame. The capture routine returns a blue frame during startup if Kodi is not providing any frames for processing.
I will try, doesn't that require to use fullscreen window mode? IIRC that gave me issues in the past.
Don't you lose color correctness using 21:10 on fullscreen 16:9?
(2017-01-09, 13:54)KenV99 Wrote: The capture routine returns a blue frame during startup if Kodi is not providing any frames for processing.

How can I figure out why for some movies I get no frames and for others I get proper frames?
"Don't you lose color correctness using 21:10 on fullscreen 16:9?"

For me not visible.
But you can also set ratio to 16:9 and horizontal stretch the zones.
Thus the zone goes from the edge to under the black bars.
(2017-01-09, 11:30)HansDampfHH Wrote: And over the plugin in Kodi, I can adjust that Ambibox only runs when I see a movie and otherwise stops again.

How do you do that?
I disabled "use default profile" and set profile for videos to "Default". Ambibox is set as 21:10 windows 8 capture in Default profile. Also enabled fullscreen window.
It doesn't start/stop with videos.
I created a profile in Ambibox (Screen capture -> Windows 8) and renamed it as KODI.
In Kodi i set the default video profile to KODI. Thats it.
Now the Ambibox profile with screen capture is starting and stopping if i watch tv or a movie,
Same for the music profile. I created therefore a profile with the music plugin in Ambibox.

If i hear music the music profile is starting. No magic ;-)
doesn't work for me. The "on video playback" option does nothing. basically if I set the default profile to win 8 capture, it works, but also in the main menu. If I set it to enable the profile on video playback it does nothing. I also tried to set it to "Ask for profile" or "Turn off leds", and it still does nothing at all.
I understand your idea is to select a given profile on video playback, but on Krypton RC2 and on my system, the add-on can't detect video playback.

UPDATE: I gave up and moved to boblight, it seems to be working good enough for my needs. Thank you regardless for your help.
Hello,
I just started using Ambibox yesterday. I can run it very well on W7 with VLC, lights are really smooth. I have 3 sides setup.
But with Kodi only 2 sides are working, the last side doesn't light up at all. If I reverse the path in Ambibox, it's the opposite side that doesn't work this time. Only the starting vertical and the top horizontal are light up.
I put Kodi.log here (removed)

Thanks.

Never mind, I changed Kodi to windowed, it worked, changed it back to full screen and now it's working fine.
I did have to change the "smooth" setting in Ambibox, lights were flickering.
(2017-01-21, 19:58)tour93 Wrote: Hello,
I just started using Ambibox yesterday. I can run it very well on W7 with VLC, lights are really smooth. I have 3 sides setup.
But with Kodi only 2 sides are working, the last side doesn't light up at all. If I reverse the path in Ambibox, it's the opposite side that doesn't work this time. Only the starting vertical and the top horizontal are light up.
I put Kodi.log here (removed)

Thanks.

Never mind, I changed Kodi to windowed, it worked, changed it back to full screen and now it's working fine.
I did have to change the "smooth" setting in Ambibox, lights were flickering.

Can you verify that you have 74 LEDS, 24 x 13?
That is what Ambibox is reading from the registry.
(2017-01-22, 14:22)KenV99 Wrote: Can you verify that you have 74 LEDS, 24 x 13?
That is what Ambibox is reading from the registry.

HI KenV99,
I saw that and it didn't make sense to me because I have 2 vertical strips of 20 and 1 horizontal of 34, and ambibox wizard setting give me 36 x 21 for number of zones.
But anyway it's working now, for videos, It's not when I play music with Milkdrop2. I set up audio to use the same profile as video but nothing happen.

Pastebin

Ambibox setting
I just figured out that during music playing with Milkdrop2, for the lights to come up I needed to change the Ambibox profile, I chose the profile that works with Windows (not KodiDirect)
So now, it's back lighting up only 2 sides during movies or TVshows, but if I choose on the fly my Windows Profile(Ctrl+3 for me), it's working fine. There is no rhyme or reason why it doesn't work. The windows setting should not work with Kodi but it does here.
I can feel the HDMI capture coming.
Hi

after upgrading to Kodi 17 my ambibox plugin has stopped working. Do you have the same problem?

cheers
Same Problem that Briefer... Not working anyway.. only in V16...
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]0