OS X SPDIF and no audio with anything that's not DTS/AC3
Fixed with limit to max 48000hz should be the real deal (or otherwise prevent it from selecting the 96000hz format as this is not supported by the amps).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz so I have to switch back and forth between "fixed" for streams and "optimized" or "best match" to get 5.1 for movies/tv?
I thought I had this issue fixed but it's not like that. Playback of 5.1 H264 movies stutters. Both audio and video. I've been trying all kind of combos between the MIDI audio configuration utility and XBMC but I couldn't find one that works.

The weird thing is that the same movie with VLC works like a charm.
Right now I'm trying what's been suggested there: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1332263

Video plays fine this way, but audio still stutters
I've been trying a lot of different configurations and what works for one movie won't work for another and vice versa. And on top of that, sometimes it looks like I found a solution and I can watch a movie start to finish and then as soon as I play a different one it starts stuttering or it makes the whole system unstable and everything freeze.
Do i really need to ask again for a debug log (wiki) from you tanis?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Just close the thread with "user did not cooperate" - I will do exactly the same with audio related posts in the future, it's just a waste of dev time.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes, you have to ask me again because I'm an old grunt and I didn't understand that you wanted me to send you a debug log on your first reply. Sorry for that.
Here's one with VDADecoder enabled, where the audio and video both stutter randomly. The FPS is around 30 with this configuration:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3098...nabled.log

And this one is with VDADecoder disabled, which helps as the stuttering is pretty much only audio and it happens only a couple of times for an entire movie. The FPS are around 45-48 with this configuration:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3098...sabled.log

And here's my current guisettings.xml in case that can be of any help: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3098...ttings.xml
1. Where does /Volumes/Elements come from - is this a local hdd or network mount?
2. On the first log (with VDADecoder) - it seems it can't read fast enough from the volume -
3. The second log (without VDADecoder) looks good. Might be that you are seeing "microstutter" due to playing 24p content with 60hz refreshrate? - in that case you might try to turn on the refreshrate adaption in system->video->playback to make XBMC switch to 24hz

If this is a network mounted filesystem you could also try to change the buffer mode - see

HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) and set buffermode to 1 and readbufferfactor to 4.
Also FYI for you both:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4950

This is ment to fix the "no audio" on stereo PCM. But its clearly a problem with your AMPs which claim to support higher samplerates but then fail to handle those...
(2014-06-24, 11:03)Memphiz Wrote: 1. Where does /Volumes/Elements come from - is this a local hdd or network mount?
2. On the first log (with VDADecoder) - it seems it can't read fast enough from the volume -
3. The second log (without VDADecoder) looks good. Might be that you are seeing "microstutter" due to playing 24p content with 60hz refreshrate? - in that case you might try to turn on the refreshrate adaption in system->video->playback to make XBMC switch to 24hz

If this is a network mounted filesystem you could also try to change the buffer mode - see

HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) and set buffermode to 1 and readbufferfactor to 4.

1. It's an external USB 2.0 drive attached to the physical port of the Mac Mini.
2. I don't get why with VDADecoder enabled it can't read fast enough from the volume. The volume is always the same in both cases (same video file as well). Is VDADecoder prefetching more data? I'm going to try to enable the cache for local volumes as you suggested and see if that helps.
3. I'll try that as well. It wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Thanks!
You could also try to copy that movie in question to the internal drive for a quick test (and post a new log with vda enabled in that configuration).
(2014-06-24, 11:04)Memphiz Wrote: Also FYI for you both:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4950

This is ment to fix the "no audio" on stereo PCM. But its clearly a problem with your AMPs which claim to support higher samplerates but then fail to handle those...

:thumbsup Thank you!

EDIT installed latest nighly and my problem is gone! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPDIF and no audio with anything that's not DTS/AC30