Forcing Scrape of incorrectly named RAR File?
I have a whole season of The Legend of Korra (TV Show) with all episodes in multi-part RAR files, but the files are all named in a way that the scraper has no chance to find them:"tloks01e01720-debt" and so on, with no period between the episode number and 720. The archives are uncompressed, I made a test by scraping with an NFO file and the episode played correctly. Problem is the episode number showed as "2720" because the file name has "s01e02720" in it.

I tried renaming the file inside the RAR archive, but 7zip would not let me saying "No Such Interface Supported". I tried renaming the actual .rar file and all the .r01-r.xx files, but that didn't work either (read that the info the scraper uses is the actual file inside the archive, which I can't rename).

I tried using an NFO file with just the tvdb link for the episode, but that didn't help.

Is there any way I can save my hard drive space and get XBMC to scrape the episodes correctly without me having to extract all 20+ mkv files and renaming those? I'd also like to avoid having to manually create all the 20+ NFOs with all the detailed info, if that's possible. The show is in TVDB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Just unrar them and name them properly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-19, 07:07)nickr Wrote: Just unrar them and name them properly.

Yeah, I'm trying to save HD space by not not doing that, though. Is there no way?
How much are you saving? Hard disks are cheap.

I guess you could name the rar file properly, but if they are multipart, that might take a while too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-19, 08:24)nickr Wrote: I guess you could name the rar file properly, but if they are multipart, that might take a while too.

I tried renaming the actual .rar file and all the .r01-r.xx files, but that didn't work either (read that the info the scraper uses is the actual file inside the archive, which I can't rename).
(2014-06-19, 08:33)Calleja Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 08:24)nickr Wrote: I guess you could name the rar file properly, but if they are multipart, that might take a while too.

I tried renaming the actual .rar file and all the .r01-r.xx files, but that didn't work either (read that the info the scraper uses is the actual file inside the archive, which I can't rename).
If that is the case then you know the solution.
In case the actual media is named poorly, you'll have to extract and rename it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Wonder how much space you save if you keep them in are,
How big is the rar collection ?
How big is it unpacked ?
Most releases that are packed and you find on the net use no compression.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
For regular scene stuff there's no compression except for subs. You'd just waste time extracting it Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-06-19, 09:23)TRaSH Wrote: Wonder how much space you save if you keep them in are,
How big is the rar collection ?
How big is it unpacked ?
Most releases that are packed and you find on the net use no compression.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm sharing/seeding the RAR file so erasing them is not really an option. If I unpack it it would literally mean doubling the space the season uses, because it would mean having both the rar files and mkv file for each episode.

(2014-06-19, 09:27)vdrfan Wrote: For regular scene stuff there's no compression except for subs. You'd just waste time extracting it Smile

Right, but I can't play them without extracting them because of the name... is there any other way? Can the scraper use the folder name for just one show or something?
in your first post you're saying "I tried renaming the file inside the RAR archive" and "I tried renaming the actual .rar file and all the .r01-r.xx files"
if it would work you're not able to keep seeding them because the name is different from the original.
(2014-06-19, 21:15)TRaSH Wrote: in your first post you're saying "I tried renaming the file inside the RAR archive" and "I tried renaming the actual .rar file and all the .r01-r.xx files"
if it would work you're not able to keep seeding them because the name is different from the original.

uTorrent allows you to change file names and keep seeding. I do this every day, you just have to let utorrent handle the renaming so it knows where the files are.
oh cool,
didn't know that
i hardly use torrents anymore.
sorry i can't help you with your issue.
only option i would know would be by renaming the files to a standard
You could define a regexp to capture those episodes easily enough. Just restrict the episode number to 2 digits.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-06-20, 00:00)jmarshall Wrote: You could define a regexp to capture those episodes easily enough. Just restrict the episode number to 2 digits.

Aha! How can I do that? The NFO wiki page only tells you the default format. Is there anyway to have the nfo just point the scraper to the correct episode and let that download all the info in TVDB instead of adding it all manually?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forcing Scrape of incorrectly named RAR File?0