$99 XBMC Box any good?
Experts

Just came across this $99 XBMC box which has lot of technical details I don't understand, thought would ask you guys for opinion before let my $99 go down the drain. (My ex-bf installed it on some box for me and I loved it but now box is broken so thinking of getting this).

thanks for the help
(2014-06-19, 09:33)polaroidgirl Wrote: Experts

Just came across this $99 XBMC box which has lot of technical details I don't understand, thought would ask you guys for opinion before let my $99 go down the drain. (My ex-bf installed it on some box for me and I loved it but now box is broken so thinking of getting this).

thanks for the help

This is a project for a possible box. $99 won't get you anything at least until December, and maybe not even then.
For $99 you can get a firetv box. At least it is available now, and works tolerably well. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Firetv
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
wah so much to do for running xbmc..any other suggestions for that price? i can wait until October but do u guys think its real stuff or just another crowd funding scam

anything that has XBMC already installed..i am not technical like u guys
The new pivos box is available for preorder now. It comes with xbmc installed and may be better for a new user than the firetv. The fire tv can do more non xbmc things though. Here is the newegg link the sent me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815645005
(2014-06-19, 14:54)polaroidgirl Wrote: wah so much to do for running xbmc..any other suggestions for that price? i can wait until October but do u guys think its real stuff or just another crowd funding scam

anything that has XBMC already installed..i am not technical like u guys

buy the firetv, its made by amazon and has possibly one of the biggest user base - support group. only a few people are technical here. the rest come ask for advice when they get stuck and plenty of guides. you just follow instructions and theres always someone willing to come and give advice. Firetv also has netflix and a nice remote. Buy the firetv for $99. come back and read this thread

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV

then come back with anymore questions. you should be up and ready in an hour or so.
thanks guy

well i don't think i can manage the FireTV (all that installation and everything)

what is the difference between that pivos box and that indiegogo ezeecube thing then? both only pre-orders and both claim comes with XBMC pre-installed? oh ezeecube says they have PVR, is it true i can watch and record TV
what is it that you want to do with XBMC? just stream movies using addons? or play local content of storage (USB flash drive, hardrive...)

ezeecube is a one man team, mainly a Developer. His box ezeecube is his first shot at hardware. It supposed to be good for easier photo sharing or something. put basically your taking a BIG gamble with ezeecube. Seems like you will not even use his added software and your paying a big premium for less hardware and support. so forget about ezeecube.

Pivos is a multi-millionare company already made a previous box and has support and basically it ill work but the hardware isn't as good as firetv. but both will be fast.

ezeecube isn't even a real product as of this moment and its not even worthy to be compared to Pivos. so Pivos if its between them to.

Firetv is I think $10 cheaper than Pivos. You do understand that XBMC is an open source software and is not a consumer product so its best to learn little things like installing addons and all that. seriously its not that hard to get xbmc up and running. here is a video (one of many) instructing you to install. you can't tell me you can't follow simple instructions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ucKpV4rac

you would get allot more fun and enjoyment out of XBMC if you learn how to use it. So installing xbmc on firetv wont be the hardest thing you do once you have XBMC up and running so you can do it. buy the firetv

Amazon rep

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
$99 XBMC Box any good?0