How To Turn Off AutoStart
Hello,
Xbmc is new for me. I implemented video plugin.
My Plugin is implemented using python and frodo.
and now I want to do settings such when xbmc start it turned off other auto start plugins.
How to do such type of setting in xbmc ?
Help me

Thanks in advance
Thanks
Hello,

and now I want to do settings such when xbmc start it turned off other auto start plugins.
I want only if any user (Who is using my video plugin ) has any other plugin which is auto start,
then I want to disable (or turn off its auto start settings) that other plugin.

Help me.

Thanks in advance
Thanks
Hello,

I want only if any user (Who is using my video plugin ) has any other plugin which is auto start,
then I want to disable (or turn off its auto start settings) that other plugin.

Help me

Thanks in advance
Thanks
I am not sure what you mean, I am guessing it is a language issue.
I think you want your automatically starting (service) add-on to disable other such add-ons ?

Why would you want that ?
(2014-06-19, 11:39)Kib Wrote: I am not sure what you mean, I am guessing it is a language issue.
I think you want your automatically starting (service) add-on to disable other such add-ons ?

Why would you want that ?

Yes Kib, my english is weak. Thanks for your reply.

I want, if any user (Who is using my video plugin ) has any other plugin which is auto start,
then I want to disable (or turn off its auto start settings) that other plugin. for security purpose.
Thanks
You realise that this will severely break the user experience for those users ?

They installed the other plugin because they wanted to use them.
This would break subtitles (service.subtitles.*), many skins (service.library.dataprovider), auto update function of library (service.libraryautoupdate) , light systems (service.boblight) and many many other things.

You have got to explain why this would improve 'security' as it is VERY unclear to me.
An add-on doing stuff like this would not be allowed into our repository and I would also strongly recommend people not to install it.
(2014-06-19, 12:19)Kib Wrote: You realise that this will severely break the user experience for those users ?

This would break subtitles (service.subtitles.*), many skins (service.library.dataprovider), auto update function of library (service.libraryautoupdate) , light systems (service.boblight) and many many other things.

You have got to explain why this would improve 'security' as it is VERY unclear to me.
An add-on doing stuff like this would not be allowed into our repository and I would also strongly recommend people not to install it.

I just want to stop auto start other plugin's setting.
Thanks
Do not double post in different forums, read the Forum Rules (wiki).

Unless you explain why you want to do this, and provide a good reason i will not help you.
Disabling every autostart add-on will break XBMC pretty bad as I explained.
(2014-06-19, 12:23)Dipti Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 12:19)Kib Wrote: You realise that this will severely break the user experience for those users ?

Sorry to to say but that is just plain stupid.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-06-19, 12:33)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-06-19, 12:23)Dipti Wrote:

Sorry to to say but that is just plain stupid.

Hi Martijn,
My plain opinion : you should not use such type of word.
Thanks for your word and help.

@ Kib

I am not able to explain my actual problem.
My intention is not to break others plugin or settings.
See I do not want to update or remove other plugin's code or functionality.
I just want to turn off or on auto start setting through settings.xml.
Some autostart plugin can access video streaming url of my plugin,
to avoid piracy of my plugin video's url.

Thanks
Thanks
Your attempt will break users systems.
Every add-on can read the currently playing video, not only the service add-ons, so this is clearly not the right way to go about it.

Use a login system on your site and generate unique URL's on the webserver which are only valid within the authenticated session of the user.
That way people can pirate whatever URL they want, the session URL's will only be valid for a day after the request was made.

If your video URL is not safe to be shared, you should not access it unprotected.
I think this user was asking how to disable an addon from starting automatically when XBMC/Kodi is launched. I'm trying to find the answer to the same problem. I don't recall how I did it, but I set an addon to launch immediately after xbmc launches. In other words, it goes directly into the 1channel addon, and I would like to change that having it launch to the traditional home screen.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Robshome W
Different question. The OP wanted his add-on to disable other add-ons from starting automatically. You want to stop an add-on (which it sounds like you edited) from starting automatically. If you created an add-on specifically to do what you wanted them just delete it if you no longer need it.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Its pretty simple "when you know how" I did this launcher thing and then forgot how to disable here is a short video link that explains how to https://youtu.be/ETxkvcFr-A0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Turn Off AutoStart0