Req Enhanced music video playback experience
I've been a user of xbmc for many years mainly for movies and tv shows, however lately I've been using my xbmc media centre to play my large collection of music videos on a tv in my study while I'm working.

I prefer playing my own collection of music videos over the music tv channels like MTV as I get to choose the gene I feel like and you don't have to put up with commercials or other non music stuff, like annoying phone in competitions, however it strikes me there is a great opportunity to show off xbmc and improve the music video playback experience by recreating an MTV channel like experience.

Whether this is an add on or not I'm not sure, but for example at the beginning and end of each video showing a fancy overlay over the video itself, maybe a toaster graphic with the artist, song title etc just like the music tv stations do, and mid way through a video maybe an upcoming track detail, maybe some info about the album etc. a nice touch would also be a permanent on screen graphic overlay of an uploaded file graphic in one of the corners so you could convince your friends you had your own music tv station!

Just some ideas, would be interested to hear whether anyone else thinks this is a good idea.
Can already be done. It's just up to a skinner to implement it in their skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enhanced music video playback experience0