Asus Chromebox Power Supply in EU/UK
Hi all

My US Chromebox has arrived in Europe - and I'm in the process of upgrading it to OpenElec + Chrome OS dual boot following Matt Devo's instructions.

One thing I wasn't expecting was that the PSU would have an integrated 2-pin US plug. The PSU itself is multi-voltage and is working fine in a travel adaptor - but longer term it would be good to have a UK 13A 3-pin plug on it. It looks as if the two pin plug assembly might be removable (as is the case on many PSUs - like some of Apple's) - but thought I'd ask here in case anyone had already done this.

If not I'll probably shop around for a 19V 3.5A compatible DC power supply... Again - if anyone in Europe has suggestions that would be grand.

Thanks
What type of connector is it? What does the label on the PSU say? That should enable you to search for something compatible.
(2014-06-20, 17:25)noggin Wrote: If not I'll probably shop around for a 19V 3.5A compatible DC power supply...

Seems like a better option than trying to fiddle with the Asus power supply. Still waiting for mine, but it's definitely 19V 3.5A, i.e. 66.5W?
(2014-06-20, 20:15)jjd-uk Wrote: What type of connector is it? What does the label on the PSU say? That should enable you to search for something compatible.

Standard hollow-style 2-pole laptop - should be relatively easy to find a compatible PSU (sure it's a relatively common laptop standard). Annoying that it's not a Figure-of-8 or Clover-leaf like most PC PSUs though. Dislike wasting products - and travel adaptors are a kludge. Much prefer buying kit which can be used with proper connectors. Also seriously dislike heavy duty PSUs with integrated plugs - they fall out of the wall too easily.

(2014-06-20, 23:53)DocG Wrote:
(2014-06-20, 17:25)noggin Wrote: If not I'll probably shop around for a 19V 3.5A compatible DC power supply...

Seems like a better option than trying to fiddle with the Asus power supply. Still waiting for mine, but it's definitely 19V 3.5A, i.e. 66.5W?

3.42A to be precise I think - 65W
Thanks for this. I might just start looking around now. From the pictures I'm pretty sure the PSU for the HP chromebox is cloverleaf, so at least for that one I only seem to need a cable. I'll know for sure the end of next week, if I'm lucky, or the week after.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox Power Supply in EU/UK0