Req Rotatable screen for the Windows/Linux builds
Hi,
I know that the Android build accept the rotation of the "XBMC-screen" to the side (90°) and I'd love to see the option for the Windows/Linux builds too.
Now that we have decent "emulators-managers" under XBMC and due to the fact that some games are made to be played in Tate format (screen on the side - 90° rotation to the left most of the time), it would be great to have this possibility for those using XBMC as an emulator frontend and rotating their screen now and then.

Thank you for taking this request into consideration.

All my wishes for your masterpiece.
Monkee
Since 14.x you can use xrandr to rotate the screen on Linux.
Thank you FernetMenta.

Can you rotate the screen under XBMC but keep it at the original place for the rest (because the emulator and it's gui are already rotated for those games but it's a small problem)?

Any solution like that for Windows too (where it's even more interesting because more games under Win support this mode)?
(2014-06-21, 17:22)Monkee Wrote: Can you rotate the screen under XBMC but keep it at the original place for the rest?

What exactly do you mean? Is XBMC fullscreen in this scenario?
Sorry I will be more specific:
It's indeed when XBMC is fullscreen.

The idea would be to have an option inside XBMC to turn the screen back and forth so when you want to play Tate games (vertical ones) you turn the XBMC screen and you can naviguate through your games on your rotated screen and then put it back to normal to play Yoko games (horizontal "normal" ones) and naviguate "normally".
But the emulators already have the games and their gui rotated for the Yoko cases so you don't want all apps/system to be rotated, just XBMC.

Another possible use would be to have one instance of XBMC "rotated" that you launch for those games and next to it another instance of XBMC for "normal" use.

Here you can see an example of a game frontend that is set for rotated screens/games.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Monkee
Rotating the screen is functions already provided by Linux and Windows. This is similar to setting refresh rate. It can be done from outside or inside XBMC. In order to make this work XBMC needs to detect whether the screen is rotated or not because it has to flip width/height.

On Linux you can rotate the screen using xrandr. XBMC will display correctly. Currently there is no menu inside XBMC for this but would be straightforward to implement.

I don't know how much needs to be done for Windows.
Thank you so much, that's great news. Can you please let me know once it's implemented so I can try it?

Monkee
You could try it with xrandr right now.
Sorry I meant ready for the Windows build.
I'm not using Linux but asked for this one because I know that many emulation gamers uses it too and though why not asking for both. Smile
On windows, you can rotate your screen using CTRL + ALT + ARROW KEY.
The arrow points to the upper side of the screen.
Haven't tried it while in XBMC though.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Thanks Maxoo, I tried and I have the bottom of my screen filed with the windows desk (or any application launched).
Here you can see a screenshot. XBMC seems to not adapt very well to the rotation under Windows... Undecided

N.B.: I'm using the latest stable build of XBMC.
Try to change your fake fullscreen setting.
It's either in "apparence", "video" or "systeme" settings.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
I'm in "real" fullscreen already Maxoo.
(2014-06-27, 23:50)Monkee Wrote: I'm in "real" fullscreen already Maxoo.

that's the issue. try fake fullscreen.
Thank you FernetMenta, I didn't got it the first time... Sad
I'm actually abroad and so only with my Macbook for the moment but I'll come back here to give you my feedback as soon as I have some time with Windows again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotatable screen for the Windows/Linux builds0