Win DVD Naming help
I read the wiki on naming video files but I think I have a special case here. I have 2 DVDs of The Beatles appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show. I prefer to put all my DVDs and Blu-Rays on hard drive so that the disks and cases do not get damaged and scratched.

Here is where I bought the DVDs so that you can see the complete title and all that. The 4 Complete Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Beatles.

So, I ripped this into a directory called "E:\Music Videos\The 4 Complete Ed Sullivan Shows Starring The Beatles\". Inside that directory are two ISOs called:
  • ED_SULLIVAN_THE_BEATLES_DISC_1.iso
  • ED_SULLIVAN_THE_BEATLES_DISC_2.iso

So, the scraper assigned to Music Videos,TheAudiodb.com, was not able to recognize this. Can someone recommend the best way for me to store these isos? Perhaps they need to be in the "TV Shows" directory tree as "E:\Ed Sullivan\The Beatles (s17e19).iso" or perhaps they should be in the "Movies" directory tree? Let me know what to try please.
Try naming it:

Ed Sullivan Presents - The Beatles

I also tend to have some issues with scanning concerts and musicvideos, so I always include a small nfo with themoviedb.org info contained in it.
Code:
<musicvideo>
<id>http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/39255</id>
</musicvideo>

Also, i've never had good success with the Audiodb scraper. Maybe try just using themoviedb.org scraper?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Ah, I forgot about NFOs. Still, that made things a bit worse. I called the nfo "Ed Sullivan Presents - The Beatles.nfo" and when I went into XBMC, the only thing that changed was the fact that the videos were now missing. The folder was still called "The 4 Complete..." but now there are no videos inside.
Did you call the video file the same thing, and change the scraper before scanning?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Nope. Ok, let's start with the videos, should I name them "Ed Sullivan Presents - The Beatles (1).iso" and "Ed Sullivan Presents - The Beatles (2).iso", yes?

Yep, that worked as long as I move the folder to the "Movies" directory tree as TheMovieDB is assigned to scrape that tree. This will solve some of of my other music video / concert problems too ... THANKS!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Naming help0