simple problem, I just don't know what to call it?
Running the latest up-to-date XBMC, 13.1, complied June 4th

My XBMC runs fine, but Ive always used it to just "watch stuff", and never really set it up properly so that my Movies appear in the movies section, and that my TV Shows appear in the TV shows section...right now, i just browse to videos, my complete folder, scroll through the list to find what i want to watch, and click play button...I WANT to ideally use the movies/tv shows sections of XBMC with all the synopsis/artwork, etc so that it loos finished and professional

I also use SABnzbd and sometimes couch potato (i will probably use it more regularly if I can get XBMC set up properly)

So, I would just like to know what its called or if there is a specific term that means getting tv shows to the tv shows folder/movies to movies folder

how do it do it? Does it involve SAB and where it places downloaded shows/movies, or is it all done in XBMC?

Any help I can get at all is GREATLY appreciated!
scanning

You need to "set content" on the appropriate folder(s).

See the wiki for details.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You'll have to setup SAB to name the files properly and place them in your movie/tv show folders. This thread may help with that- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120406.

Set the movie/tv show folders as a sources for the scraper- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library.

I like to use XBMC Library Auto Update to automatically update my library at regular intervals, but their are other addons you may prefer. Watchdog is also popular.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I've read that wiki quite a few times, and i read it slow, and digest it, but it just doesn't read well for me...i don't suppose its possible for someone with a Mac to take a screenshot to show me how their folders are set up in OS X for SAB, and then what their SAB settings look like so that their?

Mine is literally just the Downloads folder with a complete and an incomplete folder inside of it...

I don't think what Im asking for is out of the ordinary, is it? I just want my tv shows to show up like my movies do in XBMC, with artwork, synopses, ratings...all that stuff...I DO have a scraper installed as far as i know because my movies are properly labeled and showing up...JUST not my tv shows
Create a folder called "TV shows".

For each TV show you have, create a folder for it and put all the video files for that show in the show folder.

In XBMC go to Videos -> Files, and find your new folder called "TV shows" and set content (wiki) on it as a folder that contains TV shows.
"Create a folder called TV shows"

Im doing this on my Mac Mini, INSIDE the downloads/complete folder? So inside the complete folder, I should have a tv shows and a movies folder, correct?

what do i do in SAB so that it knows to put tv shows in the tv folder and movies in the movies folder?
First question, yes

Second question, not sure, as I don't use SAB
Forgetting SAB for a moment, and keeping it simple;

The Mac Mini will have a default folder created for movies.

Typically your content from any application that is downloaded will end up in the "downloads" folder.

Best practise would be to move items that you wish to retain from the downloads folder and move movies to "Movies".

I find that my downloads folder can quickly become messy with all sorts of random crap, most of which you should routinely clean out on a regular basis.

Create a new Folder in the root of your user directory (the same location as the default folder "Movies").

Call it "TV Shows" and if you are a purist go on-line and find a custom Apple folder icon to apply to the folder that visually represents TV shows.

Launch XBMC and then use its own inbuilt folder explorer to specify this new "TV Shows" folder as a folder accessible to XBMC and specify that it contains TV Shows as it's contents.

As far as I am aware the default expectation from XBMC is that within your "TV Shows" folder each TV show will be named with a folder containing the name of the show.

This should allow a new menu item to appear after Movies, titled "TV Shows". When XBMC is set to update the library it should check the files within "TVShows" with www.TVDB.com, provided your files names are matched either manually or with Sickbeard it should populate with the appropriate images and summaries.

Hope this helps.

After you have the TV Shows folder created you could attempt to do something clever with SAB with a script to auto move items to the correct folder when complete as suggested here:

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16387

But typically I find it more straightforward to manually shift the folders myself, as this way I make the effort to ensure the folder names and structure is correct rather than however the files are named by default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
simple problem, I just don't know what to call it?0