Rookie that can't get past Go...
Hello....years ago I used Ember and it didn't work quite right for me and was using Yanfoe instead which worked fine for movies. For a long time I didn't add an new movies but want to now and see that Yanfoe isn't available any longer so I thought I would try Ember again. After scanning with Yanfoe, I would then use YAMJ for viewing the movies with my Popcorn Hour C-200. I thought I could use EMM to scrape the moves and TV shows and create a suitable NFO file for YAMJ.

I downloaded and installed Ember 1.4.0 on my Win7Pro machine...no problem with the install.

Have my moves and TV shows on a server:

T:/MOVIES

T:/TV

Under each of those I have categories, TV series folders, etc.

It started scanning...scanned NO movies and only scanned 148/1784 TV shows.

Even what it scanned, it shows no information for anything other than some technical specs. For almost everything it shows no information available for this episode.

I had never scanned the TV shows with Yanfoe as it only did movies. I don't know how well EMM will work with the movies if it would scan them at all which it didn't.

I was dissapointed that for the TV shows it didn't pull in any posters, actors, nothing...

I am stumped...

I must be making a major mistake that keeps EMM from working at all.

Thanks..

Lew
Have you followed EVERY step on first post?

Like reloading languages, etc...
Image Image
Was able to get the movie part to work...guess I made a mistake of not choosing recursive folders. Didn't see something similar for TV shows so it is still stymied.

ps: I looked everywhere I could think of for the "first post" as none of the "first posts" I could find had any initial setup info. could you give me a link please?
(2014-06-22, 05:00)linkup Wrote: ps: I looked everywhere I could think of for the "first post" as none of the "first posts" I could find had any initial setup info. could you give me a link please?

Guess he means this one http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=191781
Yupp that one
Image Image
Since the first thing that post says is:

"Attention:
Please check this(sp) points if you do an update to an existing beta installation:"

I didn't think it applied to me since I was NOT updating a previous installation. This was a brand new install and shouldn't have needed to have things updated from a previous install?

Likewise, I am not having an issue with languages, themes, or the things those fixes seem to be related to.

I still can't get EMM to properly add movies...whether it is my folder structure or something else, I don't know?

Under T:/TV is a folder for each series and under each series folder is a folder for each season. Is there something wrong with that?

Don't know if it is a recursive issue that affected how it found movies or not as I don't see a similar recursive setting under TV shows?

Thanks to both of you..
Another thing I could use help with. Seems there are times when it needs the IMDB ID but I don't know where to input it. I remember on Yanfoe you right clicked a field to add it but I can't find it at all in EMM. I just did a search here for help and couldn't find where anyone else had asked the questions so I must just be incapacitated Smile

If someone can tell me where to input the IMDB number for unscraped movies, that would be great.

Thanks so much
Can you show your tv series and movies file structure?
Image Image
(2014-06-22, 17:54)linkup Wrote: If someone can tell me where to input the IMDB number for unscraped movies, that would be great.

Thanks so much

If the movie exist on IMDB Ember shall find it, otherwise you have something wrong in your naming

But to answer your question, if ember doesn't find anything, you will have the option at the bottom of name selection window to enter the IMDB id
T-Bird:

I found out how to add IMDB number. Had to first add IMDB as a scraper option and then it gave me a chance to enter it when it was unable to locate the movie. Using that method I think I have all of my movies added now. But that brings up an issue I am having. After I add the scrapers I want such as IMDB and choose the "Apply" option, it only saves those settings for the current session. When I close and reopen EMM the settings are back to default with only one scraper chosen?

Redglory:

It seems Ember is fine with my movie structure. I haven't counted my movies to compare, but they are most if not all there.

For TV episodes, it seems like itis finding them, but it just isn't finding any information for them. At the top of the screen where the tabs are, it shows one number for Movies in parentheses, but for TV episodes it shows (148/1784). When I look through the info on what it shows, for the TV shows it says it has an NFO for, the NFO is blank...it only shows at the top when the series started and no other information nor has it scraped any posters or fanart, nothing...

So it is at least a two part issue.... even though it has found 1784 episodes, it hasn't identified most of them, and for the ones it has identified, it is not providing information like it is for the movies. When I click on the TV tab, the "Scrape Media" option is gray and it won't let me tell it to scrape. So, for some reason, it isn't scraping which could be why it hasn't identified more episodes or provided any NFO/poster/fanart data?

Thanks to both of you for your help.... I have some error messages I also need to solve or figure out but don't want to cloud this thread with those as I want to see if I can find answers without bothering you gentleman with them.

Thanks again so much!
I just went a step further in hopes to getting things to work right. I installed "TheRenamer". I created a new TV episodes directory and told EMM to remove the first one. I then used TR to move some shows from the old folder to the new folder. EMM is happy with the top level directories as they show in green and it is happy with some of the season folders and some of the episodes as some are in green, but not all of them and it still doesn't show any NFO data and the scraper is still GRAY...

I just can't think of what else to do now that I know the folder structure and episode names are in TVDB format.

Think I am going to give up for awhile as I have things I need to do.

Thanks,
Lew
(2014-06-23, 21:13)linkup Wrote: I just went a step further in hopes to getting things to work right. I installed "TheRenamer". I created a new TV episodes directory and told EMM to remove the first one. I then used TR to move some shows from the old folder to the new folder. EMM is happy with the top level directories as they show in green and it is happy with some of the season folders and some of the episodes as some are in green, but not all of them and it still doesn't show any NFO data and the scraper is still GRAY...

I just can't think of what else to do now that I know the folder structure and episode names are in TVDB format.

Think I am going to give up for awhile as I have things I need to do.

Thanks,
Lew

The scraper button is always grey in tv show tab.
You can select one or multiple shows and use right click -> rescrape to start the scraping process.
It seems you might have corrupt/empty .nfos but as soon as ember can identify your tv shows it will correct them (use overwrite nfo's)
Image Image
linkup .. you should've just said "what me Worry !..."
I always vote for Alfred.. some say I am ..E... neuman ! but then lucky got me !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rookie that can't get past Go...0