Webserver is turning off and never running
I can't get webserver up and running I turn it on but it does not work... When I shut it off and turn it back on webserver setting is no longer there is marked as if I never clicked it...

With out that I can't use android remote

Windows 8 64bit.
Possibly another service is running on the chosen port. What does your debug log say?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have tried changing it no go and its strange because even if I change the port to changes back to nothing when I restart it default 80
Please post a debug log (wiki) to pastebin or a similar service and post the link here.

Are you running anything else on port 80? A web server or something?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Huh how do I understand that

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=232348
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=232349

anyways I tried other stuff and Its a go but still really strange I got this error... I bypassed the problem for looking for zeroconf downloaded on my phone zeroconf browser ?? another strange program but I guess useful because It not only told me address of local computer but the ports it was using. 9777 and 9090

I loaded that into xbmc remote and it worked like a charm...

I wish the remote would be automatic this is really annoying. One good example is the remote automatically updated the mac address so fine but that tells me it found the computer... but why It could not scan and find the port....

I loved boxee back in the day these problem where never there... but it had nat traversal worked like a charm every time.
OK so I am a little puzzled: is this solved or not?
yes and no... the webserver is not working but I don't care because the remote is now working... by inputting port 9090 into the app

So as far as I'm concerned yes its solved..

Technically no I guess.
No its not... now its running on some service port and when the program does not respond it starts to go wackco .... as soon as it has one error... WTF....

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=232368

It would appear that on wrong network I got a repeater in my room.. so then it would mean the wireless network was unstable and that caused a incensed error to keep happening.
Neither of your logs is a debug log and shows no sign of the webserver starting.

Please post a debug log of you starting xbmc and trying to enable the web server on port 8080. Then post the debug log Wink
I'm having this exact same problem.

I installed XBMC yesterday and everything was working fine with no issues. Today however the webserver isn't working at all (locally or on a different device on the same network). Interestingly though, I'm using Yatse on my mobile and from that I can launch XBMC and I'm getting SMS/Notifications appear I just can't access the media server itself.

When it's launched all of the settings in the software are as I set them up yesterday, EXCEPT for webserver which is disabled with default settings (port/username etc) showing. It'll re-enable without an error and I can change the settings to how I want them, however it doesn't actually work or appear to do anything. Restarting XBMC resets it back to being disabled.

Log file can be found below, and I might be wrong, but I can't even see a record of it trying to launch the webserver in there, so it's as if it's not even trying to do it.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=249606

Very odd, any help much appreciated.
My guess is the port is already in use
That was my first thought and I've checked, but it's not. I've tried various other ports (both with and without firewalls disabled), all with the same result.
This is the same issue @sir Wellington has. I tried for a few hours to help to no avail. Nothing running on the port, changed port, disabled security software firewall, etc
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
So I had another crack at resolving this today and still no success.

- I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling (including deleting profile).
- I re-downloaded the software and run both the installer and the program itself explicitly as administrator
- I've removed Yatse (+ addons) & Offiicial XBMC remote control from my phone and XBMC starter app from windows (which is the only software I've installed since XBMC on either device and also the only software that may be interfering with XBMC somehow)
- I've gone through my Windows Event log thoroughly looking for anything, and then recreated the issue to check for any updates (nothing found)

I'm now at a complete blank. The fact it worked in the first place is what makes this extra baffling as nothing has changed on the system that I know of. Regrettably it seems I'm going to have to find an alternative without the functionality XBMC provides.
I am having the same issue as these guys. No visible errors in the logs, and the radio button in the settings resets when I restart XBMC. I have tried several ports, none of them work.

It also seems that this is not an issue with XBMC Gotham since the older builds don't work either.

I have also found that if I enable the web server and then ALT + TAB out of XBMC and back in, it crashes.

Here is a log from XBMC and a crash dump: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=256916 & http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/31861032/file.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver is turning off and never running0