• 6(current)
Milkdrop Visualization for XBMC?
the preset is zylot - disco inferno.milk or [ishan] - devil's disco night.milk cant remember which one i think, ill check tonight if you want me to and it doesnt lock up ever using my presets (5 hours running last night no probs), id say it something to do with massive amounts of presets
(britneyspairs @ may 16 2005,19:54 Wrote:the preset is zylot - disco inferno.milk or [ishan] - devil's disco night.milk cant remember which one i think, ill check tonight if you want me to and it doesnt lock up ever using my presets (5 hours running last night no probs), id say it something to do with massive amounts of presets
speaking of massive amounts of presets, it seems that the hard drive is constantly being accessed (according to my hdd status led), but when using the ones from the cvs & your filtered pack, the hard drive functions normally.

i think i'ma go with "quality or quanity"  Nod
ive made one called milkdrip (dont want to offend dev its just a copy exactly the same but with renamed vis and vis folder) just alows me to select what one i feel like at time ,works well with milkdrop one has cvs presets, drip has ones i liked

ill release it if it doesnt offend
bp:

make a new kickass .milk from start and then you'll impress me Smile

edit: i didnt type the above to offend anyone, i'm sorry if it sounded like that (asteron)

ps - it's very hard to make (nice) presets from scratch
ps2 - your top50 (did you select them yourself?) was quite a good collection of presets

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sorry if this has been answered. i may have missed it.

what is the .milk preset for the screenshot on xbmc's homepage?

thank you
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
wish i knew Smile (i took it) maybe one day i'll find it using winamp's milkdrop (the milks in cvs are the ones from winamp)

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

only renamed so i could run 2 versions of milkdrop at same time thats should show i like it that much. oh well, hope people just like presets then (doing anything always offends people Sad so dont ask for it i was only lying about doing it, its hard to help in anyway ) as i knew it would

ps and yes i ran though a 1000 or so presets and picked out ones by hand. might go though another few 1000 this weekend and add to my build
anyone here who has the preset rar from britneyspairs and can share it here?
was too late to download Image
yeah i get lockups with having over 3600 presets in teh milkdrop directory

guess its time to load up winamp and see which i like
maybe this will convince some people i don't dislike *everything* bp does :agree:

britneyspairs top50 presets (and yes, it will stay online more than a day or two)

(pike @ may 17 2005,19:13 Wrote:maybe this will convince some people i don't dislike *everything* bp does  :agree:

britneyspairs top50 presets (and yes, it will stay online more than a day or two)
heh he does have his moment i too must confess :thumbsup:
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
ive done 1000s of xboxs and i know that there are people that think things can be better than default, i know cause i say install standard one and give them a link, they nearly allways buy a mod (so im not 2 worried if you dont like stuff, im only sharing  cause people requested it, and nearly everything they ask for help takes minutes eg pm2 to 1.3 took 10mins and i still see people on other forums ask for it, and people that know better say it isnt done i find that amusing it was so hard). anyway ill sort though 3000 presets when i have a spare hour or 2 and host for a few hours maybe ill torrent it to sky.

ps cheers vis is great

ps2 what if i was to do a proper mod (eg with source would dev not impliment id say so, cause i have poor design and dont know what im doing ) but i will release a package sometime if dvd player gets put into cvs, so it cuts installer by 100 odd megs. i have faith that people will like it but i also know cant please some they are 2 good
updated version of milkdrop is available, grab here. it's also in cvs; but may take a while to update there. no recompile needed to enjoy this new version. edit: <rant>with this i ofcourse mean that if you already have the old milkdrop running, you don't need a new compile.
if your old milkdrop never worked, you ofcourse still need to recompile!</rant>

changes:
.xml (settings support)
fixes problem with too many presets (as long as ratings are kept disabled in .xml - afaik)

i see the new xml version is in cvs, nice (-:
what exactly does the rating system do? does it allow you to specify that a preset is bad? is it possible to specify the rating on the controller?

i'm looking forward to playing with these options after work (-:

-ast
no there's no way to control the visualization while it's running, so not possible to rate at this time.
if you had problems with slowness due to too many .milk's in previous version, try this version with default config. it works better now because default config turns off ratings fetching.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop Visualization for XBMC?0