• 8(current)
Milkdrop Visualization for XBMC?
your milkdrop.xml is corrupted. you'll need to replace it.

when you do something that causes writing to the xml, it can become corrupted.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
thanks nuka1195! i snatched up the milkdrop.xml & milkdrop.vis from cvs, went to transfer them, and seen that the xml & vis i downloaded were bigger than the ones i already had.

now everything works perfectly! :kickass:

thanks again! :bowdown:
some updates to milkdrop:

Quote:- 30-05-2005 added: wa51-presets(265).zip, now default presetpack in milkdrop. contains presets 20fps > faster (tested in pal720x576)
- 30-05-2005 added: milkdrop - can now select different preset packs from the settings menu. (defaults to looking in visualisations\milkdrop for zips and folders)
- 30-05-2005 fixed: milkdrop - xml settings file was getting corrupted.
- 19-09-2005 added: milkdrop now supports stereo 3d mode.
- 09-07-2005 fixed: milkdrop - audio conversion fixed and cache size for preset loading increased.

the new presetpack consists of only the new milks in winamp 5.1, none from the older winamp pack. some have been removed due to being too slow (ones faster than 20fps is included), some have been tweaked (xbmc speed tweak).
old pack remains in cvs, you can now change presetpack using visualisation osd settings

enjoy
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thumbs Up 
i just want to send a big thanks out for the new visulizations options in the current xbmc build. i just upgraded from an older copy of xbmc and am blown away with all the variety and quality of the visuals! thanks again!

:bowdown:
hey, this is not really a request but thought it would be best asked in this thread. as it is possible to get a live audio source into xbmc (through mmixer mic or communicator) would it be possible to get the visuals to sync to the live audio source?

i use the xbox in my vj setup mostly for runnig videos and pictures on demand (love the web interface for ease of use on the night) but some of the visuals coming through are of great quality, i write my scenes for a similar visuals program called r4. i was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this situation for me, ive been reading through pages and pages of threads seeing if it was possible to link up an external sound card for this purpose via usb, but saw its not possible, my last chance or hope, is that through the mmixer mix or headset this is possible.

thx in advance guys, amazing work you do here ! much respect
(bakman @ june 16 2005,07:35 Wrote:one little thing, when you choose a preset and hide the preset window and bring it back up again, list starts at the top, could it be changed so it keeps the currently selected preset ?
sorry to bring this back up ... but is it not possible to have this behaviour addressed?!! damn, its annoying when your a few thousand presets down the list... hide the window, bring it back up, only to find it back at the first.
i guess it depends on what you are using the list for. if you are using it to just see what the current preset is, then there's more efficient ways.

if you are using it to navigate to a particular preset, then why would this be close to the one you are currently using?

if you are using it to navigate to the next preset, then there's more efficient ways (press up or down)

how are you using the preset list that it requires the focus on the current item?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(jmarshall @ dec. 14 2005,20:41 Wrote:i guess it depends on what you are using the list for. if you are using it to just see what the current preset is, then there's more efficient ways.

if you are using it to navigate to a particular preset, then why would this be close to the one you are currently using?

if you are using it to navigate to the next preset, then there's more efficient ways (press up or down)

how are you using the preset list that it requires the focus on the current item?
ok, maybe i'm missing something here.. but why would you not want to retain the "focus" on the currently selected preset??

a few reasons jump right out at me:

1. as the list works now, the behaviour is grossly inefficient if you have navigated your way, oh say, 93% down the list of 3000+ presets... hide the list, and decide you want to navigate to preset number 2996 of 3000 for instance. *scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll*... <brew coffee> ...*scroll, scroll, scroll*.

2. my favourite. i've selected say preset #2143 of 3000. now i want to navigate 45 entries down (or up) the list. i realize i c o u l d navigate to that preset by mashing away on the up or down button respectively, 45 times. it just seems, again, much more efficient to retain focus on the currently selected preset when that list reappears, and let the user scroll with the l and r triggers. no?

meanwhile, while typing the above... another couple synapses fired unexpectedly. more suggestions: i think it would be useful if the list rolled over from the first preset to the last (and vice versa) when scrolling to the top or bottom of the list. yay to efficiency!! Wink what else, oh, for those who just can't be without the list starting at that first entry -- why not map a key(s) to jump to the first/last entry on the list??

chasin
if it doesn't "roll around" then it should, agreed.

assuming the preset number that you want is random, then it doesn't matter where we start the list focus - it's the same distance on average no matter where you start. the only time it's more efficient to start where at the current focused item is if the presets that you commonly choose are all located together in the list.

i'm interested in what others opinions are.

cheers,
jonathan

hi,

thought i would post in ehre before creating a new topic.

i have downloaded the 2005-12-25 cvs t3ch build. this is my first venture into a build with the mildrop visulisations, and i have stumbled across a problem.

i deleted the zip files from the milkdrop directory as i only wanted to have a select few visulisations to choose from, and here surfaced my problem, when i place the .milk files in the mildrop directory they are not recognised, nor are any .zip/rar files(including britneyspairs top 50 pack) other then the wa51-presets(265).zip file. i checked the xml file hoping to be able to solve this and i found this: in the <presetpack></presetpack> section it contains 'wa51-presets(265).zip', ala
Quote:<presetpack>wa51-presets(265).zip</presetpack>
however, even when this is deleted it fails to recognise other preset packs.

any help as how to add only a select few presets in either .milk or archive format withought having to enter it into the xml manually would be greatly appreciated.

uhm. you didn't even consider replacing the listed zipfile with another one? Smile

everything will be relative to $home/visualisations/milkdrop.
when milkdrop starts it scans the visualisations\milkdrop folder for .zip, .rar and folders. when it is running go into the milkdrop settings and select which preset pack you want to use. no need to manually edit the xml.

if you dont want to use zip or rar, create a new folder in the visualisations\milkdrop folder and put your .milks in there. you can then select it from the menu.
thanks mrc, very helpful.

spiff, whilst i could have done that it would have became an annoyance to manually change the listed zip file every time i decided to swap to another pack, and it also did not cover my need for solitary .milk files.

thanks again!

keep working onit, i relaly want to see this happen. its an amazing visualization.
i\'m a lame spammer, and i\'m now banned. kthx bye
scoobaman its done, are you just making random posts copying every1?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop Visualization for XBMC?0